Cisco Consulting Engineer in Bangalore, India
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Network
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1216029
What You'll Do
Come join the Migration team in Advanced Services focusing on all SP and Enterprise technologies as a Network Consulting Engineer. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a seasoned mix of broad and deep networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. If you have competitive knowledge then it is a definite plus.
Work location is Bangalore/Pune. The position may require short term or long term travel within and outside the country
Who You'll Work With
The CITT – Network Migrations team in Bangalore GDC focusses on Routing & Switching solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, build, deploy and migrate networks.
Who You Are
· Responsible for delivering Cisco Advanced Services portfolio in the area of Migration Services, which includes Implementation services, in customer environments including Enterprise and Service provider areas.
· Provides guidance and oversight to team members giving technical support for customers during Migration windows and deliverables preparation.
· Delivers migration strategy, with a thorough understanding on networked Infrastructure and related dependencies
· Leverages consultative approaches in building relationships with specialists, both internal and external.
· Creates customer deliverable documentation including High Level Designs, Low Level Designs and migration strategy for the entire
· Leads design workshops and delivers consultancy services to customer.
· Demonstrates thought leadership in solving customer’s technology challenges and help achieve their business outcomes.
· Acts as the Technical Expert for complex deployments and is a technical team leader in key engagements.
· Cooperates in the process of capturing, developing, sharing, and effectively using organizational knowledge and lead knowledge management in the area of Migration Services.
· Leads efforts to drive continuous improvement as a key practice.
•Strong knowledge and expertise of below Cisco’s products and technologies is must :
Cisco Products : Minimum 2 products :
Cisco CRS Routers, Cisco ASR routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000
Technologies : LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs , IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
•Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or Network solution designing of Cisco routers and switch is must.
Competitive Knowledge :
• Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products would be highly preferred:
• Prior experience of conducting customer workshops, High level and low level network design experience would be preferred.
• Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
Soft Skills :
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
• Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
• Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent plus 6+ years of related experience in IT industry
• Certifications Preferred – CCIE ( Preferred ), CCIP, CCNA, CCNP ( Plus )
• Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
• A self-driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
• High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.