Cisco Development Engineer II in Bangalore, India
Development Engineer II
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1235994
Security is one of the fastest growing business at Cisco. The Content Security Group is sizable part of the Cisco’s Security Business Group. The Content Security Group provides best in class email and web security solutions that have been consistently rated as leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for the past several years.
We are looking for Software Developers for our Content Security Software development team, with strong programming and communication skills and be a great team player to work on the Email Security Appliance.
Who You'll Work With
The Content Security team is based out of Cisco’s Bangalore office, and owns the complete email security product portfolio end to end.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Develop and support new & existing features on the ESA appliance ship of the assigned work.
· Collaborate with fellow developers on software / system development in agile environment.
· Participate in scrum ceremonies and update progress of assigned tasks in agile development tools.
Who You Are
· Strong hands-on programming experience in Python or Object Oriented Languages like C++, Java and UI technologies
· Has good experience with at least one of the following (including associated tools, development, debug environments)
. Experience security technology or in cloud/orchestration related technologies like Open Stack, Puppet etc. is an added advantage.
· Experience in HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, SMTP is an added advantage
· Experience in Virtualization technologies lie ESXi, KVM, Zen etc. is an added advantage.
· Ability to quickly adopt to the changing environment and willing to contribute in all areas of the software development including design, development and testing in a truly agile development.
. Strong debugging skills on Unix/Linux environment.
• Masters in Computer Science or Engineering from a reputed college with good percentage.
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience in reputed organization.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.