Cisco Engineering Manager, Cloud Security SaaS in Bangalore, India
Engineering Manager, Cloud Security SaaS
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1229208
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH and WHY CISCO CLOUD SECURITY ?
Cloudlock was launched in 2011 with one simple goal in mind: to transform cloud security into a business enabler. From that initial goal, we’ve built out a unified cloud security platform that helps organizations protect their sensitive data in public cloud applications such as Google’s G Suite, Salesforce, Dropbox, Box, ServiceNow, and many others. After being acquired by Cisco in August 2016, Cloudlock now is part of the Cisco Cloud Security Business Unit, and remains a cohesive team that is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, with remote offices in London and Israel. As our business needs are expanding rapidly, we are planning to expand the development team by building a core team in India.
The cloud is our passion and cloud security is our mission. Cisco is one of the largest security companies in the world, with solutions ranging from Next-Generation Firewalls to Advanced Malware Protection and DNS-layer security. As part of Cisco, the opportunities here are endless as we continue to redefine cloud security.
We're at the intersection of two very hot high tech sectors, Cloud and Security. If you're as excited as we are about helping to shape the future of both, come join us! We are building the next generation cloud security platform.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will help build the core security features and functionality of our our Cloudlock cloud SaaS application connectors and build them at scale. You will be managing a team of 8-10 cloud software engineers.
You will be responsible for bootstrapping and building a brand new team of half dozen engineers from scratch.
Working as part of a highly skilled autonomous team to deliver and maintain high quality, efficient and scalable components and features.
Solving application and data processing problems within our core code
WHO YOU ARE
As the Engineering leader, you have a passion for developing the team that will deliver security features to our customers in a very Agile environment and by working closely with the business, product management and engineering.
You have vision that demands business insight, technical acuity and the ability to think and communicate at various levels of abstraction.
You can manage, motivate, lead and gain the respect of a highly technical engineering team. Our minimum requirements for this role:
* Minimum of 5 years of management experience
* Minimum of 8 years of experience working as a senior software developer
* Experience working on a high transactional, 24x7 production cloud and SaaS environment
* Experience with Security as it applies to software, system and network engineering
* Extensive architectural experience; distributed computing and distributed applications
* Excellent knowledge and experience with object oriented programming
* Extensive knowledge of Internet Security issues and the threat landscape
* Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Ability to instill a culture of open communication, Agile delivery, ownership and accountability
* Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
* Must have strong Python skills
Hands-on Cloud platforms experience
SaaS and/or high scale system development experience
A background in the field of security would be beneficial.
AWS, Redis, PostgreSQL, Celery, RabbitMQ,
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.