Cisco ENGINEER.IV.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING.CISCO in Bangalore, India
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1228359
As a Software Test Engineer, develop, execute and automate test cases for platforms and software for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market. Expertise in Layer2/Layer3 protocols, depth knowledge on operating systems say Linux, knowledge on Industrial protocols say CIP, PRP, HSR, Profinet with strong Python script development knowledge , as well as good communication skills and ability to work with a cross-functional and geographically diverse team is expected. Who You’ll Work With
The Team -The Core Software Group - Internet of Things (CSG-IOT) is responsible for Cisco's product portfolio for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market. The group develops variety of products suited for manufacturing, smart grid, transportation, physical security and embedded use-cases. Internet of Things is a very large market transitions and one of the focus areas for Cisco. Work in this area provides for a technologically exciting journey and growth of the area presents rewarding career path.For further information, please visit. Who You Are
An engineer with bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline (MS preferred). Over 8 years of experience as an individual contributor. CCNP, CCIE, or other Cisco certifications will be a plus.
• Linux hands-on experience and strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong Scripting experience in Python, Perl
• Knowledge on machine learning, AI test tools, UI automation tools
• Very strong and engineering level expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN (Ethernet, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, QinQ, IGMP etc) / WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, NAT etc)
• Very good experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc) and L2/L3 VPNs
• Knowledge/Working experience on Industrial Protocols say PRP, HSR, CIP, Profinet, PTP and understanding on field deployments.
• Experience in writing test plans, designing test cases, executing test cases, and automation
• Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers (e.g., Sniffer, Ethereal) and traffic generation tools (e.g., Smartbits, Ixia)
• Past experience in Cisco products preferred
• Prior hands-on experience in setting up test labs and configuration
• Familiarity with software release process
• Develop topology based on test requirements and setting up the test bed
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential
• Very good troubleshooting skills and work with less supervision and follow-up. Commitment to customer success is key to this role
• CCNP / CCIE is desirable
• B.E/B.Tech/ M.Tech
• 8+ years of related experience, Individual contributor role
• CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certifications will be a plus
• Be part of a team of engineers involved in platform testing for Cisco router and switch products that operate in Embedded environment
• Work involves developing test cases, automated scripts, manual testing and attending to reproduce customer found defects on existing as well as newer products/features
• Able to execute the tasks based on timelines and be able to adapt to changing priorities based on release and product requirements
• Work with cross-functional and geographically diverse teams to interact, share and schedule
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.