Cisco Hardware Engineer- Verification/Validation in Bangalore, India
Hardware Engineer- Verification/Validation
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1234318
We Are Cisco.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation or Telecom required
High end Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzers, DMMs and Signal generators.
Traffic generators like IXIA, JDSU, etc
Scripting: TCL, Expect is required; Python is a plus
You should also have hands on experience with the following Tool sets
• Should be good in Networking. Ability to configure and set up complex router and traffic equipment on a wide variety of interfaces. Ethernet, POS, ATM, OTN etc and exposure to traffic generators ( IXIA/ spirant) and L2/L3 testing (BGP/MPLS/VRF protocols))
• Should have experience in assembling, installation, and configuration of server systems.
• Should have experience working in Linux / Unix environment, Window OS & Familiarity with Spreadsheet, Word Processor, Database, excel & ppt , Email & Web Browser software is a must.
• Should have experience in high speed board testing & qualification activities like DVT, EDVT, EMI / EMC (Desirable).
• Should have strong knowledge & experience in scripting using TCL; experience in using Thermal chambers manually & with automated methods.
• Should be well versed in generating test plans & tabulation of test results & uploading the report after review.
• Should be part of a HW product development cycle & have exposure to the tools and applications to store the reports, plans & to track bugs.
• Strong in basic electronics, to understand board schematics, .brd file using allegro viewer.
You are a Hardware validation engineer with 2-4 years of related work experience with wide range hardware validation process including:
Who you are:
You will participate in the plan and verification process starting with high-level conceptual and architectural discussions and ending with execution of the test plan, sharing the test results in timely manner and to track the issues till it get resolved and verified.
Participating with test plan execution, problem root cause and analysis, debug and resolving the bugs with the help of strong basic electrical/electronic, Mechanical/thermal knowledge, automation scripting languages and documentation process are very helpful throughout the product qual stage.
Exercising the datapath using tough patterns, configuring the routers with high possibility of thermally and electrically worst and best casesare key components within the validation process
Participate in bug tracking meetings with cross functional teams.
Work closely with Hardware design team, Diagnostic, Software, thermal and other relevant teams during qualification period.
What you will do:
Our leading Hardware validation technology and talented Hardware design verification group in Bangalore, India. As a member of this team you will participate in the planning and verification of leading-edge multimillion gate, 16nm (or smaller geometry) ASICs, high clocking processors, memory modules, Phys, etc. Our team develops test plan to stress the hardware at extreme conditions for use in Cisco’s flag bearer products like the ASR9xx, ASR42xx, ASR9K, CRS, NCS1K, NCS2K, NCS4K to strategic product areas being passionately pursued by Cisco. Our team would ensure the quality of the hardware products by strictly stressing the hardware along with SW features keeping high profile Cisco’s customer in the view.
Who you'll work with:
Shared Engineering and Hardware Assurance (SEHA) is part of the CHG and is responsible for validating cutting-edge hardware for all the Cisco Core products. Our team validates Cisco’s flag bearer products like the ASR9xx, ASR42xx, ASR9K, CRS, NCS1K, NCS2K, NCS4K which are being passionately pursued by Cisco. These products are used to build high density 10Gbps/25Gbps/40Gbps/100Gbps or higher speed multi-protocol routers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.