Cisco Manager, Technical Marketing in Bangalore, India
Manager, Technical Marketing
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1227221
As a TME Manager, you’ll manage a technology and product focused team of engineers who target customer success though engagement with engineering, product managers, sales teams, partners and customers.
As a manager, you’ll ensure deliverable timelines are met, manage tasks, priorities and workloads for the team, and focus on growing the skills and capabilities of the team. People management at Cisco involves matching the goals of the organization with those of the individual to ensure production and support professional growth.
As a senior team member, you’ll be both a technical leader and a thought leader. In this role, you’ll be the senior member of the product management team based in APJC. You’ll develop relationships with teams and leaders in the region and be their primary point of contact for your products and technologies.
What is a Technical Marketing Engineer?
The role of the Technical Marketing Engineer is based around four key concepts:
· Technical Evangelization where the TME will influence customers, partners, the Cisco sales force and the market on Cisco innovations, technologies and products. Establish yourself a a subject matter expert on your particular area of focus.
· Technical Enablement where the TE develops and delivers presentations, demos, labs and other enablement content to educate sellers, partners and customers on the newest capabilities of the products or technologies
· Pre/post sales consulting. In a pre-sales role, the TME subject matter expertise to the customer, sales team and often services delivery teams to ensure they have a good understanding of the product or technology, are using it appropriately, and are set up for success. In a post-sales role, TMEs often get called in to assist with customer satisfaction issues and to help troubleshooting teams understand the capacities of the product or technology
· Technical Innovation. TMEs as innovators participate in production or technology definitions to engineering, represent the voice of the customer to engineering, and create acceptance criteria. TMEs also innovate by creating new features themselves, or solving customer solutions in a creative way using existing products.
· 5+ years in cyber security
· Extensive knowledge of networking, network security, and VPN. Knowledge of customer use cases for NGFW a plus
· 3+ years working with product management in a contributing role
· Knowledge of the Agile development methodology
· Customer facing background with a focus on direct customer engagement
· Knowledge of the Cisco GSSO sales motion and approach
· Ability to lead and work globally, understanding time zone commitments and the value of maintaining a presence with remote teams
· Travel approximately 25-35%, much of it internationally
· Experience with development engineering, QA, Technical support or technical services delivery a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Additional languages, especially European languages, a plus
· Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering clear technical presentations and white papers on complex topics.
· Strong technical writing and presentation creation skills. Demonstrated ability in creating and delivering technical white papers and business/technical presentations.
· Ability to work with limited supervision in defining initial goals and addressing complex issues as they arise.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.