Cisco MANAGER.MGMT-FINANCE in Bangalore, India
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Finance
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1236187
What you’ll do
This role would be a manager role in the Financial Planning and Analysis Center of Excellence (FP&A CoE). FP&A CoE is a global organization based in India and working as an extension of worldwide FP&A teams in Cisco (both the FP&A teams that support the business units and the ones that support the sales regions).
• Managing a team of financial analysts/managers who would be supporting various global FP&A teams on financial and business analysis, business commentaries, reporting and complex financial modelling, preparing business presentations, and analysis templates which would be used in senior executive level business reviews and weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reviews.
• Role would involve very granular analysis and highly complex modelling, architecting and designing of reporting/analysis templates that would create scale, standardization and efficiency for the broader finance organization.
• Role would involve looking critically at current processes and be able to challenge them with well-researched and detailed alternative processes/models/reports that are more efficient, easy to refresh, scalable and can influence strategic business decisions.
• The person in this role would need to have an indepth understanding of corporate finance concepts including full P&L understanding from revenue to margins (all aspects of margins including cost understanding, detailed margin walks, bookings to revenue, factors influencing margins improvement, forecasting etc.).
• Indepth understanding of reporting tools, data objects, data relationships, and data accuracy would be required along with ability to use the tools and systems at an expert level.
• Lead and drive the team to be successful in delivering on committed deliverables on time, with accuracy, with validations and drive operational hygiene in terms of documentation, back-up plans, knowledge sharing and best practices.
• Drive CoE level initiatives to increase and improve broader understanding of the business concepts.
• Drive Continuous compliance monitoring process for P2P process and drive the evolution of this stream of work
• Own the market share analysis for Cisco and work with the cross functional stakeholders to ensure an accurate, timely and well understood market share analysis for all markets Cisco plays in
• Be proactive on the changes and business transitions coming up and how it would impact financial reporting, tools, systems and be ahead of the game in leveraging the latest capabilities that the systems team makes available.
Who You'll Work With
This role is part of the FP&A CoE organization reporting into Corporate Finance group but also working very closely with the various finance leaders across the BTOF (Business, technology and operations finance) and SSF (Sales, and Services finance) teams.
Who You Are
You are a results driven carrier oriented individual with previous people management responsibilities.
Our preferred requirements for this role:
• Strong leader with management experience of leading teams of preferably more than 3-4 team members
• Be a good team player with ability to coach, guide and build next generation of finance analysts and managers
• Strong analytical and communication skills required for executive delivery, business influence as well as for engaging cross functionally with business and IT teams to execute projects
• Strong ability to leverage excel and business intelligence tools to go highly granular in data analysis and be able to scale, standardize, architect and design highly complex business reporting/analysis models that are easy to refresh and also impactful in influencing decisions.
• Change agent – being ready to change and transform the organization.
• Able to challenge the norm so as to be able to come up with creative, efficient and disruptive but effective ways of financial modelling, reporting, analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis related processes (closing, forecasting, planning, reporting, analyzing, decision making).
• Strong and detailed understanding of finance fundamentals including gross margins walks, shipped revenue, supply chain processes, cost of goods sold and overall business acumen and understanding
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in any field (finance/engineering/business) and/or Masters degree/CA/MBA, and preferably 14+ years of progressive business/finance/FP&A experience.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.