Cisco Release and Deployment Engineer with Linux and Application in Bangalore, India
Release and Deployment Engineer with Linux and Application
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Network
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1217527
What You'll Do
· Working on Service Assurance Platforms
· Deploy software code
· Troubleshoot on application level
· Software product build, install, troubleshoot, upgrade and Sanity/QA testing on EM7, Splunk, Cisco Prime Performance, SNMP Servers, Syslog servers
· Use cross-platform experience and the expertise to identify and resolve integration issues
· Perform product builds, perform deployments and handle product release.
· Execute as per Release and Deployment Management process specified by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process at the Foundation level
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) provides customers with assurance that the IT platform is in good hands while they focus on opportunities and challenges resulting from the accelerating pace of technology evolution.
CMS Platform Transition Team is responsible for Readiness and Deploying the platform leveraged for Service Delivery.
Who You Are
Candidate should have:
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux Networking
· Good understanding of Databases
· Good understanding of Web servers, load balancers and high availability systems
· Basic VMware/Virtualization understanding
· Knowledge of Splunk and/or EM7 or their alternatives
o Splunk alternatives: Logtash Kibana, Sumo Logic, Loggly, Logentries, Graylog or Sematext Logsense
o EM7 alternatives: Nagios, AppDynamics, Solarwinds, Datadog, IBM Netcool/Tivoli or Zenoss
· Good troubleshooting skills
· Proven documentation skills
· Automation knowledge is preferred, to automate deployment and validation
· Service Assurance background preferred.
· CCNA would be helpful but not mandatory
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.