Cisco Senior Software Engineer-BIOS- QA in Bangalore, India
Senior Software Engineer-BIOS- QA
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1228111
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in some of the latest technologies and trends in Server and Storage areas as part of the UCS validation team at Cisco, Bangalore. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced start-up like environment. You will be part of a dedicated team and open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team.
Look atfor details on Cisco's Data Center offerings
· System BIOS validation of new generation of UCS C-Series & S-Series Servers.
· Create and own BIOS functional test plans, Performance test plans and solutions test plans.
· Setup and manage iSCSI, FC, FCoE, PXE , GPU test configurations.
· Work as BIOS automation consultant and participate in BIOS automation scripting.
· Study industry specifications, vendor's hardware documentation and design test cases.
· Perform Test Execution and Bug Reporting for new and regression features.
· Peripheral qualifications of CPU, Memory, PCI-E adapters and GPU
· Debugging and troubleshooting issues and performing first-level issue triage.
· Work closely with the development teams and contribute in every aspect of software lifecycle.
Required Experience and Skills:
· 8+ years of strong System BIOS QA Expertise.
· Prior experience of leading teams technically is preferred.
· Strong understanding of Intel/AMD server platforms, PCI-e , NVMe and GPUs.
· Sound understanding of System Architecture and Operating Systems concepts
· Good knowledge of FC, SAS, iSCSI protocols and fair understanding of RAID concepts are preferred.
· Strong hands-on experience with VMware, Linux and Windows OS.
· Experience on setting up complex customer-like configurations.
· Experience on working on projects driven by Agile Methodology.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong technical expertise in automation framework and programming languages (preferably Python) is required.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.