Cisco SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - GoLang/AWS/WebApps in Bangalore, India
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - GoLang/AWS/WebApps
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1233036
The Cloud Platform and Services Group (CPSG) at Cisco focuses on driving cloud management and network orchestration products and providing solutions/reference architectures for multi cloud environments. The cloud orchestration and management team which is part of this business unit, focuses
We believe in making the cloud all about the application, not infrastructure and is it this vision that drove us to build our award-winning Cloud Center hybrid cloud management platform. Cisco Cloud Center (previously CliQr Cloud Center), is an Application-Defined Management platform that securely provisions infrastructure resources and deploys application components and data across more than 15 datacenter, private and public cloud environments. Cisco’s Cloud Center team is made up of very talented architects and engineers who are passionate about building industry’s leading cloud management platform. We believe that innovation is the key ingredient for success of any engineering team and constantly inspire our engineers towards embracing the latest trends in software industry, research the latest technologies and tools and in the process accelerate their learning and personal growth.
• Explore various public / private cloud services & service characteristics and find ways to optimize cloud costs.
• Work with large and diverse data sets to gain useful and actionable insights
• Build efficient and reusable code.
• Collaborate with other teams in a dynamic agile environment.
• Constantly improve and innovate to produce a user-friendly and modern user experience.
• Identify and communicate best practices for software development.
• 3-9 years of experience building distributed web based applications using GoLang
• Experience with Go Web Routing
• Good working knowledge of MongoDB.
• Deep understanding of web based application architecture.
• Linux development exposure and familiarity with Virtualization and Container technologies.
• Experience in all phases of SW Development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies.
• Prior working experience with at least one public cloud.
Highly Desired Skills
• Experience building microservice architecture based applications with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
• Good communication and leadership skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking daring risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with standout personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.