Cisco Software Engineer - Build Tools in Bangalore, India
Software Engineer - Build Tools
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1230420
Who we are?
DevX is the central tooling organisation in the Core Software Group (CSG), responsible for the various SW development and test tools; customized for Cisco's engineering requirements and used in the developer's workflow. The core objective of the group is to improve engineering productivity and provide better user experience by modernizing the tools used by Cisco's dev and test community
You will be a part of a central team developing in-house solution for gathering real-time code coverage metrics on an embedded system. You will develop and sustain the solution across multiple product lines, various compiler flavors and OS’s; continuously exploring opportunity to further improve the solution with new functionality, approaches, or incorporating the latest developments in the industry.
You will work with some of the best engineers in the domain. You get to work with a team that is passionate about developing quality software and improving engineering productivity. You will engage with engineers across various product lines, identifying and evangelizing workflow improvements, assisting them with their workflow issues and problems.
You are a passionate engineer having excellent grasp of OS concepts & compilers with a hands on experience working in an embedded systems environment. You are passionate about developing quality software. You are eager & keep yourself updated on the best practices, tools & technologies in the industry. You enjoy working in a team environment & demonstrate a strong can-do attitude.
• Design and develop new software product features.
• Contribute innovative ideas for multiple module architecture.
• Define product internal/external interfaces.
• Develop complex, multiple modules of code independently.
• Write complete functional and design specs independently.
• Collaborate with other functional groups.
• Evaluate and recommend tools.
• Solve complex problems at the system level.
• BE or B.Tech with minimum of 4 years’ experience
• Expertise in scripting using Perl, Python
• Expertise in CI tools like Jenkins
• Prior experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines
• Should be well versed with Make/Gmake/parallel builds.
• Good understanding of the Build & Release Operations
• Strong understanding of the compilation aspects
• Hands on experience on complex debugging
• Experience in enterprise embedded systems
• Unix/Linux experience required
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong Can-do positive attitude
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.