Cisco Software Engineer- Front End/UI Techologies in Bangalore, India
Software Engineer- Front End/UI Techologies
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1229391
Who are We ?
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers’ devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth.
About the Team
Roles and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Software Engineer that enjoys wearing many hats, a self-starter that’s willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and start improving it immediately. If you’ve tried a few different web stacks and have your favorites, that’s a good sign. Or, if you’ve got solid middle-tier experience and you’re a fast learner, this would be a great opportunity to branch out.
• Minimum 8 years experience in front end technology using modern methodoligies.
• Expertise in cloud deployments and performance tuning of distributed systems
• Experience with HTML5, CSS3, JEE, JSON, HTTP, HTTP/2, WebSockets, Oauth
• Hands on experience with JS frameworks like React.js, Angular.js, jQuery
• Experience with agile development methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, lean etc.
• Self motivated, and has the ability to drive technical discussions
• Organized, attention to details, able to work both independently and in a team.
• Knowledge of threat modeling and secure code practices.
Knowledge of Microservice/MicroApp Architecture.
Proven record of having contributed to multi release, generally available software.
Understanding of system design, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration and DevOps.
Passion about producing elegant, maintainable code
Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts around distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms
· Experience in an Agile environment
· Collaboratively work with UX, validate with UI X-rays/Advanced Pixel validations.
· Test Driven Development
· Continuous Integration/Delivery tools (Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Flashtack etc)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.