Cisco Software Engineer IV in Bangalore, India
Software Engineer IV
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1227703
Firewall Job Description
Security Business Group (SBG) is an elite team of software engineers who focus on understanding and troubleshooting complex security problems encountered by various Cisco customers worldwide. They tackle hardest of the hard problems found in customer environments on a daily basis. Escalation engineer position is technically very demanding and require very strong problem solving skills. It challenges one’s theoretical knowledge with situations warranting real-time analysis and live debugging of the problem and provide a smart and intelligent workaround and or solutions. Exciting enough? This job is for you.
• Identifies, influences and drives product improvement initiatives
• Be the engineering focal point for identifying and resolving customer issues. Ability to handle, diffuse urgent and serious customer engagements.
• Determining appropriate problem diagnosis strategies and effectively communicate steps for further trouble-shooting across multiple security technologies
• Proactively address customer concerns and prevent problems from arising
• Provide critical feedback to engineers on design and functional specifications for product usability, serviceability and reliability
• Mentor others through one-on-one and formal training
• Must be self-motivated and work well with senior engineers and the team.
• Ability to effectively present complex technological concepts to a wide audience
• Initiates long-term strategic goals and works toward implementation
• Partners with management to make strategic decisions. Makes project level decisions independently
Strong knowledge of and experience with firewall technology (ACLs, packet inspection, traffic filtering, NAT/PAT), or VPN technology (IPSec, SSL and client less VPNs, remote access, AAA, certificates), ideally with Cisco’s Firewall products.
Very solid general networking skills, with knowledge of and experience with networking protocols at all levels of the protocol stack, covering architecture, design, implementation, expansion, and troubleshooting of enterprise-level secure networks.
Hands on Experience with advanced software debugging techniques and usage of tools such as gdb, truss/ktrace, tcpdump, wireshark, other Linux utilities and memory profiling tools
Exceptional skills and experience working with customers, including in the most volatile situations.
At least a BE in computer science or engineering, electronics and communication engineering, information technology, or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
-5-7 years of technical experience in the workforce.
At least 2-4 years of technical experience with computer networking, and with firewalls or VPNs.
Excellent communications skills: written and spoken (on the phone and in person).
A good working knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++/Objective-C, assembler language, or similar procedural language (scripting experience will also be valuable), or experience in QA, ideally with an emphasis on troubleshooting or test automation. Strong knowledge of Linux.
CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE (with security focus)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.