Cisco Software Engineer- Java & NMS in Bangalore, India
Software Engineer- Java & NMS
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1217915
What You'll Do
Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. This includes all the Operating Systems and network services for IOS/XE in Enterprise, IOS-XR in Service Provider and NX-OS in Data Center market segments.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Network management, automation and analytics Product team is group of high energy, customer focused engineers who bring diverse perspective and experience to bear on the toughest engineering challenges.
Who You Are
• Participate as a strong individual contributor in the team for assigned module or set of modules.
• Typically requires BSEE/CS combined with 4-7 years related
experience, or MSEE/CS combined with 3-5 years of related experience
• Hands on coder
•Think outside the box
• Develop, enhance, verify and sustain software for Cisco Network management, automation and analytics Product as a key member of a cross-functional team
• Interface with Business Development, External Partners, Hardware Engineering, QA Test and Release Operations throughout the development cycle
• Cloud/Virtualization technologies (containers like Docker, etc)
• Must have demonstrated excellent design and development skills in networking and network management domain (knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing)
• Must have demonstrated skills in all the following areas: - Java & JDBC, Database modelling, Web technologies like Java/ J2EE/ JSP/ XML/ Struts/ Spring/ Hibernate/ Dojo/ Web services.
• Experience of developing in UNIX/Linux Operating System environments
• experience in an agile development organization
• a passion for learning an self-improvement
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.