Cisco Software Engineer-L2/L3 Development(1225464) in Bangalore, India
Software Engineer-L2/L3 Development(1225464)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider
Job Id 1225464
What You'll Do?
Cisco provides you an excellent opportunity to take your career dreams forward. You will bring your rare talents to the group that works on Cisco's routing technology, which large enterprises now consider to be the transport medium of choice for high-demand networks. In your role as Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer, you will develop and integrate products that are deployed by some of the top tier service providers in the world. You will work with a BU-wide dynamic technical community, learning from experts and translating this learning into exciting opportunities for growth. You will work on networking equipment that forms a crucial part of mobile network. You will learn about state of the art technologies and platforms while developing software for these equipment.
Besides this, you will also mentor your junior colleagues in their day-to-day activities.
As a member of this team, you will work with a team of credible engineers. You will have the opportunity to architect, design, and develop some of the world’s largest Service Provider Routers that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer customer business paradigms.
You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and substantial.
Excellent quality is what drives you. To ensure this, you have a deep understanding of distributed/centralized hardware architectures of routers/switches. Your concepts are strong and have a good knowledge of BIOS, Linux Kernel, Device Driver, Virtualization, Board Bringup. You possess the skills to work in a highly reciprocal, inclusive, and agile atmosphere in partnership with multi-functional teams.
• Experience: 4 to 12 years (we are hiring in different experience range)
• Bachelors degree in CS/EE/EC or equivalent.
• Strong C programming, Data Structures.
• Low level programming (interaction with hardware) using C language in multi-threaded, multi-processor, highly-available systems.
• SW design, testing and debugging background using ice (CodeWarrior, Lauterbach, etc.), GDB, etc.
• Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux development tools, with knowledge of Linux virtualization.
• Understanding of various h/w architecture (PCI, PCIe, DMA, I2C, SPI, etc.) and processors (MIPS, PPC, x86).
• Hands on experience with NPU, ASIC, FPGAs with focus on Switching/Routing platforms is a plus.
• Understanding of the Control and Data path internals of a device driver for a LAN/WAN protocol like Ethernet, ATM, PPP, POS, SONET, etc..
• Ability to understand and drive system level architecture and design.
• Work closely with other partner teams like HW, Platform Independent (PI), Diagnostics, Validation, etc. teams.
• Support Field team on deployments and certifications. Support customer issues and partner concerns as required
• Cisco Networking certificates, such as CCIE, CCNP, etc. are desirable.
• Customer experience: Reproduction and debugging of customer issues, handling of field queries
• Excellent written and verbal communication, influential, decision-making, leadership, team and people skills.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired strong performers. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.