Cisco Software Engineer- Networking-Virtualization in Bangalore, India
Software Engineer- Networking-Virtualization
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider
Job Id 1237241
Cisco's Service Provider Networking Automation group is looking for an innovative, action-oriented and disruptive engineer for being part of Cisco's SDN Platform team.
The ideal candidate will play a key role on a next generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team, as a senior Software Engineer and Lead, working in a startup like fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Software Defined Networking Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility and quality. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to interact with various development teams across Cisco and drive the development features from concepts to reality. Additional responsibilities include defining API's, working on code reviews, code merges, static analysis etc. Innovation, thinking outside the box and challenging the status quo are highly desired.
Roles & Responsibilities
The VTS India team is growing and so the work is fast-paced and this profile expects to switch and wear multiple caps. There might be situations the candidate might have to deep down into network devices to troubleshoot issues. The candidate will be entrusted with leading a scrum team and will be responsible for delivery of scrum features.
Strong Technical Skills, excellent team player, excellent verbal and written communications skills, customer and quality focused experience, able to drive solution from product requirements, self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude and the ability to meet or beat schedule requirements with good track records.
· 10+ years of strong Java/J2EE with strong Networking and Virtualization experience
· An Expert coder and complete go-getter who can pickup new technologies with ease, loves troubleshooting and designing complex performant systems
· An expert in Advanced Multithreading and Object-Oriented design
· Must have a working knowledge of Virtualization Technologies like Openstack. If worked with Openstack Neutron, would be an added bonus.
· Understands NoSQL design and have similar databases. Exposure to Yang based datastore would be an added bonus.
· Should have worked in a networking company and with network devices , preferable Cisco Nexus
· Have worked in processes that use CICD tools like Git, Jenkins and Gerrit and have a working knowledge on these.
· Hands on with Unix/Linux platform
· Might have strong knowledge with dependency and boot-up frameworks like Spring
· Experience working with Docker
· Experience with designing for massively scalable and distributed systems.
· Sound understanding and working knowledge of REST / JAX-RS Web Services using JSON
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.