Cisco Software Engineer - Security Development in Bangalore, India
Software Engineer - Security Development
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1225539
· Work as a developer of new features on the web security product line.
· Passionate about being a hands-on developer and enjoys developing features with high quality.
· Work to understand the real customer problem and come up with the right solution to solve the customer needs.
· Work in Agile cross-functional scrum team and deliver user stories at a high feature velocity.
· Collaborate with other developers and test engineers on the design, development and testing of the features.
· Extend capabilities in existing systems to cater to new security threats.
· Create complete component designs and deliver efficient implementations in a time-bound manner.
3+ years of experience in software design and development for security products
Strong experience in C and/or Python.
Strong networking and L7 (HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP etc) protocol knowledge
Experience in developing features related protocol inspection engines, header parsing, buffer management in a Unix environment
Experience in message passing, inter-process communication, event handling, configuration and logging
Experience in Unix/Linux/FreeBSD based environments
Experience in unit test methodologies and agile working environment
Highly desired skills
Prior experience in web proxy, web servers, high performance logging
Working knowledge of authentication schemes like LDAP/AD, Kerberos, RADIUS
Understanding of the latest web protocol trends like SPDY, MTCP
Strong network programming, with focus on TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS protocols
Strong debugging and system skills
Multi-threading and multi-processing concepts
Typically requires Bachelors (B.E/B.Tech) in Computer Science/Information Systems with 8+ years of related experience or Masters (M.S/M.Tech) in Computer Science/Information Systems combined with 3+ years of related experience.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.