Cisco SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Bangalore, India
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1231272
What You'll Do
· You will be a Technical Leader at INSBU team in Cisco and be part of team that is building cisco’s next-generation data-center products. Team works on cutting edge switching hardware and software to bring up new switching platforms and develops new features
· Interacting with Customer/Marketing team to understand customer requirement
· Carry out feasibility and scoping for feature and implement it in a short development cycle
· Participate in design discussion and guide team to solve complex issues
· work with big customers to understand deployment issues and solve them quickly
Who You'll Work With
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a brand new switch project as part of the software engineering team of Insieme BU, Bangalore. Become a key part of Cisco’s Data Center strategy.
We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced start-up like environment. You will be part of a dedicated team and open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team.
The job involves working on a brand new stand-alone data center switch. This is an excellent opportunity to join Cisco’s data center technology group. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced start up like environment. You will be part of an experienced team working on next generation data center products.
Looking for an experienced candidate to drive engineering development in areas of BIOS/firmware, linux kernel, BSP, platform software, drivers.
Define system architecture and design
Champion new or improved platform design and testing methodologies
Who You Are
· Hands on Engineer/leader who can work on Architecture, design and development of platform development cycle
· In depth understanding of hardware boards, layout
· Development experience in BIOS/GRUB/uboot, linux device drivers/ Linux KLM, networking stack, memory model
· Development experience on PCH and peripherals PCI, I2C, SPI, Higig+ bus, FPGA and CPLD handling, handling os special devices and peripherals – I2C-GPIO expanders.
· Exposure to standards – XAUI, SGMI, Serdes, SGMII, MSA
· Development experience in Chassis management
· Excellent debugging skills and rich experience using various hardware, memory debugging tools
· Develop innovative solutions to revolutionize for the next generation data center.
· B.E/B.Tech/ME/Mtech/MS from reputed university
· 10+ years of experience in Telecom/Datacom development
· Good understanding on L2 Protocols and L3 Protocols
· Working experience in merchant silicon
· Proficient in using IXIA/Spirent
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.