Cisco Software Engineer in Bangalore, India
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1229190
What You'll Do
We design and develop high-performance system software for various Cisco Platforms which includes Enterprise Switching & Routers, Datacenter Switches, Service Provider Routing Platforms.
Who You'll Work with
The Core Software Group (CSG) Platform Independent (PI) group is responsible for driving the PI software that works across Cisco's flagship routers and switches.
This group’s ownership includes Routing, Tunnels , Netflow, Mobile IP and other protocols.
Who You Are
We require creative and talented engineers with experience in developing high-quality networking products on schedule, with strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features, as well as maintaining existing features and areas.
Required Qualification -
• Typically requires BE in EE/CS or MS/CS or equivalent with 8 to 12 years relevant experience in inter-networking technologies and applications.
• Good experience in developing s/w in C, under multi-threaded environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Sound fundamentals in Data Structures, Operating Systems and Data Networking fundamentals
• Strong Layer 2,3 expertise, TCP/IP Protocol Suite.
• Exposure to development of embedded network devices including routing & switching systems.
• Ability to create and work on Solutions Independently.
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical interfaces in multi-location, across business units.
• Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization.
• Willing to work with and excel in teams spanning geographies and physical boundaries
• Quick learner who is self-driven and has a passion to excel
We connect everything : people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.