Cisco Software Engineer in Bangalore, India
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1230531
This is an excellent opportunity to join CSG and be part of an exciting new initiative for Cisco's Network Management Strategy. You will be part of a fast paced eam responsible for delivering innovative network management solutions in support of key Cisco initiatives. Open communication, empowerment, innovation and quality, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team.
What You'll Do
Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. This includes all the Operating Systems and network services for IOS/XE in Enterprise, IOS-XR in Service Provider and NX-OS in Data Center market segments.
Who You'll Work With
The team is developing automation framework to one of the leading monitoring products in the networking market, covering most of the latest edge cutting technologies, Service Assurance of Carrier Ethernet and Optical services, GUI based automation, Service based automation, using the latest automation tools. The successful candidate will contribute to the architecture, design and development of the automation and test frameworks. You will Be a part of a central, innovative team working on the development of web based monitoring application for cloud based services.
Who You Are
Participate as a strong individual contributor in the team and work as Architects for assigned module or set of modules.
• Typically requires BSEE/CS combined with 5 - 8 years related experience, or MSEE/CS combined with 2 -4 years of related experience
• Hands on architect/coder
•Think outside the box
• Develop, enhance, verify and sustain software for Cisco Network management, automation and analytics Product as a key member of a cross-functional team
• Perform design trade-off analysis, write software specifications, code, integrate and test new software and hardware, complete product release, and provide field support
• Interface with Business Development, External Partners, Hardware Engineering, QA Test and Release Operations throughout the development cycle
• Cloud/Virtualization technologies (containers like Docker, etc)
• Must have demonstrated excellent design and development skills in networking and network management domain (knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing)
• Must have demonstrated skills in all the following areas: - Java & JDBC, Database modelling, Web technologies like Java/J2EE/JSP/XML/Struts/Spring/Hibernate/Dojo/Web services.
• Experience of developing in UNIX/Linux Operating System environments
• Experience in an agile development organization
• A passion for learning and self-improvement
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.