Cisco Software QA Engineer in Bangalore, India
Software QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest AI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Networking, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1220188
What You'll Do
The Software QA Engineer will be a part of the IoT Engineering team that leads by example in our passion for quality. You will be part of the engg team that champion new methodologies and creates and tests scalable software solutions that support IoT users worldwide. You will define the test strategies and quality approach for IoT products, provide quality assurance leadership. This position requires initiative and the ability to remain flexible and responsive in a very dynamic environment. The QA engineer must have experience in owning the design & development of the test automation strategy, tools and technologies needed to support Quality Engineering goals and initiatives.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Jasper is the Internet-of-Things (IoT) cloud platform leader. The Cisco Jasper Platform empowers enterprises and mobile operators of all sizes to deploy successful IoT service businesses on a global scale. More than a 1,000 companies, including many of the world's top brands, have chosen Jasper Cisco to fast-track their connected businesses. Mobile operator groups worldwide, representing over 100 network affiliates, partner with Jasper Cisco
Jasper Cisco is also a key partner of mobile network operators like AT&T, Telefonica, América Móvil, NTT Docomo, TELUS, BELL, Telenor and others. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, California), our Eastern U.S. Center of Excellence is in the Atlanta area (Alpharetta, Georgia), and we have a presence in eleven countries. We power IoT businesses around the world.
- Who You Are The ideal Cisco Jasper Software QA Engineer has the passion for technology and passion for learning, someone like you! An engineer with bachelor's degree or Masters is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Around 3-5 years of experience in the capacity of software quality assurance, requirement analysis, software design and software development. Proven ability in developing and managing test automation. Experience with Java and Java testing tools such as Selenium and Junit as well as commercial testing tools like SoapUI, Rest API and AWT are required. Candidates should have exceptional problem solving, analytical and organization skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
· Designs develops and execute advanced automated test suites and maintain existing tests
· Design & Implement test framework for various Cisco Jasper Services
· Interact and collaborate with other team members to understand the testing requirement
· Provide input to development on software design and on ways to improve testability to support more extensive test automation
· Maintains a “big and complete” picture view of our products, dependencies, organizational goals, technologies in order to help with test planning and test coverage
· Pro-actively seeks to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation
· Must be willing to work in a highly collaborative environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments
· Effectively communicate with upper management and cross functional teams
· 3-5 years’ experience in software automation testing , methodology, test development, script development and maintenance in an Agile software development environment
· Experience with building enterprise scale Java applications and test frameworks using SQL, JSON, XML, Restful APIs, SOAPUI, JMETER and Selenium web driver.
· Experience using tools such as QTest, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins.
· Strong knowledge of Java as programming language.
· Experience in developing efficient and maintainable automation scripts using agile practices that works across multiple browsers and devices
· Strong understanding of the integration between automated software tests and the build process
· Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Programming
· Familiarity with JAVA.
· Familiarity with a scripting language, such as Python, Perl.
· Effective in working with strong technical teams across the company with strong interpersonal and communication skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.