Cisco Supply Chain Program Manager - Product Operations in Bangalore, India
Supply Chain Program Manager - Product Operations
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Supply Chain
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1221150
What you’ll do:
Program Manager Supply Chain (SCPM)
• The position will be Program Manager Role who has significant impact on the business.
• He or she possesses good program management skills and communication skills. Has the ability to work independently.
• Program manager accountable for supply chain readiness, total cost management, supplier management, and risk mitigation for new products
Who you’ll work with:
The requirements of the position will be to assist and/or lead in the following areas (and others as needed):
• Product early engagement
• Utilizes appropriate resources and influence sourcing decisions to achieve optimal product cost and supply chain alignment
• Understands all elements of product cost; validates the integrity of the costed BOM and forward costing; able to clearly articulate the main cost drivers, cost reduction, and cost avoidance activities
• Manages the cost BOM integrity, risk analysis, and communication to the Ops and the BU teams
• Performs BOM risk analysis, identifying and validating risk parts driving resolution or developing mitigation plans for all X, 1, single and sole sourced rated components prior to First-Customer-Ship (FCS)
• Prepares the supply chain and manages continuity of material supply and delivery ensuring no shortages, delays between proto and early production
• Communicates the supply chain strategy to the BU and Ops teams
• Manages supplier performance and team expectations by proactively driving suppliers to meet or exceed committed performance by building relationships and trust with suppliers
• Manages and ensures a smooth product transition from NPI to Sustaining by utilizing the transition checklist and the Product Lifecycle Cost Plan prior to pilot and gaining agreement with Mfg Ops and the PLPM on the final checklist
• Support internal/external quality/system Audits
• Improvement Activities (process, product and cost)
What You Are:
• Holds a degree in Engineering with more than 10 years' experience in Supply chain.
• Expertise in managing BOM and Material planning
• Experience in Manufacturing and process improvements to drive cost-down and lead-time improvements.
• Knowledge on PLM processes
• Exposure to Agile PDM system is an advantage
• Process and quality oriented.
• Good inter personal skills.
• Details-oriented, risk taking abilities
• Good analytic skill
• Good presentation skill
• Strong verbal and written English skills
• Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
• Effective people/interpersonal skills to work with engineering and manufacturing team members in a collaborative environment - Global collaboration experience.
• Efficient organization and multi-tasking skills to manage various projects simultaneously.
• Cost avoidance, cost reduction and value engineering
• Knowledge and application of industry innovations / trends and application to product or program
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.