Cisco Technical Leader-Ni-MCBU-G11 in Bangalore, India
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Job Id 1225584
The mobile Internet transformation is here, with mobile data traffic growing very rapidly and ever more complex for operators to monetize. The Mobile Core Business Unit was created to focus on this transformation and to enable mobile operators to make the most out of the challenges and opportunities it presents. MCBU is a trusted partner as operators migrate to next generation virtual networks and continues to be a market leader in mobility, delivering virtual and containerized solutions that address service provider challenges of network reach, network intelligence, and service creation velocity while enhancing the overall profitability.
Cisco Ultra Services Platform, an all-in-one virtualized mobile services solution, is a cloud-native software platform that brings together mobile packet core, policy, and service function chaining technology assets into a single, integrated virtual network function and a set of tools to automate and simplify the on-boarding, instantiation and operation of this tightly coupled collection of technologies. It is a 5G-ready solution that helps mobile operators launch and deploy new services more quickly and efficiently. The automation and orchestration team of Cisco Ultra Services Platform provides the automation framework and services for the installation and upgrade, configuration and life cycle management, monitoring and analytics etc of the Virtual Network Function as well as the virtualization infrastructure along with an integrated web user interface for installation, configuration and monitoring.
· 12+ years of relevant industry experience
· Good understanding of the cloud and virtualization concepts and technologies
· Good hands-on experience on Kubernetes, Docker and container technologies
· Hands-on experience in working with OpenStack deployment and troubleshooting
· Hands-on programming experience in Java and Python
· Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
· Experience in requirement analysis, system and software design
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Experience in working as part of Agile/Scrum teams
Additional desired skills (Not mandatory)
· Exposure to confd, netconf, Yang is highly desired
· Exposure to Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana tools
· Exposure to test automation framework and technologies (pyATS, Selenium etc)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.