Cisco Technical Manager - Cisco NetAcad Platform in Bangalore, India
Technical Manager - Cisco NetAcad Platform
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Business Strategy and Operations
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1212629
What you’ll do:
As a member of Engineering’s solutions team, the candidate will lead Architecture and building next generation learning management solutions. You will:
• Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
Redefine e-Learning by putting together advanced learning applications.
• Create reusable components and services using Microservices and Containers.
• You’ll scale out the platform to process thousands of events per minute, and be the expert in our team for running stream processing systems.
Who You'll Work With
You will have experience with the following:
● Senior technical leader with hands on experience and proven track record in the area of Learning and Content management.
● Must be able to work cohesively within the team and with strategic partners to building industry leading solutions for Learning Management system.
● Excellent communication, presentation skills is a must.
● Excellent technical writing skills and effective planning skills and the ability to work to prioritize and move forward multiple deliverables at the same time
● Ability to work with and bring together different groups, teams, and projects and must be a self-starter, constantly learning and a team player
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role:
● 10+ years industry experience with Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Management
● At least 6 years of Experience with Moodle and Drupal
● Strong knowledge of core software technologies and fundamentals – specifically for large-scale distributed systems – and building highly available services.
● Technical Experience for integration of automation frameworks across SaaS enterprise solutions though demonstrated experience developing integration infrastructure or cloud service brokers through APIs and understanding of the full agile lifecycle application development.
● Lead and deliver platform security related strategy initiatives based upon an understanding of current security trends
● Must be familiar with not only popular open source technology, such as NoSQL DB, message bus, configuration tools, monitoring & analytics tools, etc, but also full stack development frameworks from front end GUI to restful API to middleware to backend DB access. Understand the pros and cons of each technology, and clearly know how to select at different scenario.
● Strong experience in architecting scalable & Highly available applications leveraging latest tools and technologies.
● Extensive hands on experience in Enterprise Java from scalability and performance stand point.
Cisco Networking Academy Platform:
At Cisco we believe the internet has the power to transform the world. The Cisco Networking Academy program was established to provide global access to ICT education. We leverage our expertise in ICT and networking to develop courses delivered through public-private partnerships.
The Networking Academy is Cisco’s largest corporate social responsibility program, and aims to:
• improve socioeconomic conditions for individuals and communities
• increase access to digital education and career opportunities
• support the development of an educated ICT workforce, and
• promote the growth of the ICT industry
For 20 years we have been changing worlds. The Network Academy Platform is currently used around 170 counties to deliver various courses including IoT, Cyber Security and CCNA.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.