Cisco Executive Communication Manager in Beijing, China
Executive Communication Manager
Location: Beijing, China
Additional Location(s) Shanghai, China
Area of Interest Marketing and Communications
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1232808
We are looking for a seasoned strategic communications professional for the role of Executive Communications Manager (ExCom) to support the CEO of Greater China Region.
This position will support the CEO on defining and executing a strategic communications plan across both internal and external audiences aligned to regional business priorities and delivering on business outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the communication strategy, planning and execution - addressing all relevant internal and external audiences to help driving business objectives and deliver business outcomes.
· Collaborates across the region to drive targeted, relevant, and timely communications through an efficient and effective channel utilization and mix, and ensuring message relevance and consistency at all times. Ensures that communication strategy is consistently executed across multiple channels (PR, AR, digital, internal, speaker forums, influencer relations, etc.). Collaborates and teams with other communication disciplines, teams and experts to deliver cross functional communications (including AR, PR, IR).
· Delivers measurable and sustainable improvement in executive communications, e.g. executive presentation scores; intranet and internet web hits and downloads; employee pulse survey; attendance to internal activities; executive, manager, and peer-level feedback etc.
· Leads high-visibility strategic communications and events (both internal and external events including annual sales meeting (GSX), annual senior leadership meeting (SLX), etc.
· Works with CEO of Greater China Region to ensure effective delivery of external and internal communications and messaging about Cisco business and strategy, change management, social, economic, technological environments. Effectively leverages deep specialist expertise available in GCC and elsewhere.
· Aligned to and helps drive the Corporate Communications agenda (e.g. North Stars) in the region.
· Interfaces with colleagues at all levels of the Cisco organisation (globally and regionally) on behalf of the CEO of Greater China Region to drive the communications execution forward.
Role Requirements & Competencies:
· 8 to 10 years communication experience desired across various functional areas, previous senior leadership exposure an advantage. Applicants with less experience would be considered on a case by case basis.
· Demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into compelling story lines and messaging and creative execution. Ability to visually and otherwise very compellingly articulate complex concepts so that these are easily understood by a broad audiences with diverse backgrounds and cultures. Skilled to do this in both a verbal and / or visual execution.
· Excellent Chinese (Mandarin) and English verbal and writing skills.
· Builds and strengthens relevant industry and technology knowledge; ability to grasp all aspects of the business including technologies as well as market situation and competitive environment.
· Demonstrates effective executive influencing skills, effective coaching skills as well as best-in- class story line and content development skills.
· Very collaborative, effective virtual team leadership skills, people influencing and negotiation skills, and ability to gain consensus and manage sensitive situations.
· Proven track record to build productive alliances and forging partnerships for success. Result oriented with strong process / systems thinking skills. Strong executive presence and stakeholder relations capabilities.
· Flexible and resilient. Problem solver. Ability to perform under pressure.
· Very focused. Strong project management and execution skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
· Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of all communications functions, preferable with in-depth knowledge of at least two functional area of expertise.
· Ability to manage outside vendors and 3rd party seminar presenters and agencies.
· Business acumen. Prior Cisco experience, technology industries experience a major advantage / (highly) preferred.
· Minimum educational qualification of Bachelors or equivalent, while an advanced degree is preferred. BA/BS in Marketing, Business, IS, Journalism, PR or equivalent preferred, while open to other relevant backgrounds provided there is relevancy to a communications
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.