Cisco Virtual Systems Engineer - Security (Adoption) in Beijing, China
Virtual Systems Engineer - Security (Adoption)
Location: Beijing, China
Additional Location(s) Shanghai, China
Area of Interest Technical Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1217642
What You'll Do
Ever wondered what it would be like to immerse yourself in the ocean of major technology disruptions in the world today? What if you could be rewarded for being at the epicenter of helping driving the sales of one of the largest pioneers of the Internet on our planet, shaping the future through connecting the previously unconnected?
As a successful Customer Success Virtual Systems Engineer, you will be providing technical direction and business guidance to Cisco Customers, Partners and Cisco field account teams in order to drive business impact through technology and solutions. You will work with internal and external stakeholders in order to drive technology, services, and software adoption, business relevance, contributing to building a strong business network.
Join us on a team of high-performing Virtual Systems Engineers and continually seek innovative methods for improving your team’s performance and overall impact. You will use Cisco technology to stay virtually connected with team members, customers and peers using collaboration tools and processes.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest growing, disruptive, and innovative sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of selling motions (Land, Adopt, Expand, Renewal, and Services) in order to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
The Global Virtual Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success (GVS & CS) organization is a dynamic and multicultural team that consistently delivers technology sales enablement therefore contributing to profitable growth. Within this trusted team you can share best practices, your ideas, feel supported by your colleagues, challenge the status quo, be innovative, and have the flexibility to drive projects you are passionate about.
We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. You will have a significant impact in how customers are driving value from these solutions and technology offers.
We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams can adapt quickly to respond to market changes and are highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
Are you a people-focused technical sales professional with a broad knowledge of Cisco and/or relevant industry products, solutions, technologies, software and related programs?
Do you love facilitating communications and understanding requirements from customers, cross functional, and the sales teams?
If you are a guru in translating technology vision, strategy and goals into a compelling value proposition for the team, then we want you!
Post Sales (hand-on) experience:
• Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, involved in technical adoption capabilities, and/or the equivalent
• Hands on experience deploying, installing, configuring, troubleshooting Cisco security products.
• Deploying security solutions in the customer environments.
• Implementing Cisco Security solutions for customers, Advanced Services engineering experience focused in security, Network Consulting with exposure to deployment, configuration, customer interaction, etc.
• Experience with pre-sales, design, positioning solutions, proposing, presenting to customers, demos, Proof of Concept (PoC) etc.
Specific Cisco security product and solution experience:
• Experience and subject matter expertise with Cisco’s portfolio of Security products
• Cisco Advanced Malware for Endponts (AMP for Endpoints) (AMP4E)
• Cisco Next Gen Firewall (NGFW) - can include SourceFire, ASA, ASA with Firepower Services, Firepower Threat Defense/FTD)
• Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
• Passionate about the rapidly evolving world of Information Technologies, understand and follow the new technological trends and business models
• Bachelor’s degree in physical sciences, engineering, economics or mathematics
• Master’s degree in related field is a huge plus.
• Bring energy and technical acumen in order assist customers
• Understands the value of scripting, software and “everything-as-as-service”
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and strong presentation skills
• Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and figure out an effective course of action. Ready to take on calculated risks.
• Fluency in English mandatory
• Fluency in Japanese, Cantonese, Korean, Mandaran, etc. a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.