Cisco Agile Software Engineer in Chandlers Ford, United Kingdom
Agile Software Engineer
Location: Chandlers Ford, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1232586
The Business Entity
The Cisco SPVSS Sky Engineering Group develops end-to-end video broadcast systems for Sky across Europe. This includes development and integration of Set Top Box (STB) client device software, Broadcast Headend systems and Apps for Companion Devices, for satellite, cable and IP, for deployment in Sky’s broadcast networks. Sky have deployed networks of over 20M receivers across mixed hardware platforms, various delivery media and a combination of both legacy and cutting edge client device platforms.
This role is within the Sky Engineering Team, working on Agile engagements with the customer to identify future business needs, and defining and implementing innovative, class-leading software solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for engineers with significant development and integration experience who are capable of performing well within an innovative scaled Agile customer-aligned project to join our team, who will:
● Look for innovative approaches to solving new and existing customer problems.
● Design software to meet customer and internal requirements, defining interfaces to other software services.
● Take responsibility for delivery of User Stories and Features using Agile planning and tracking techniques.
● Contribute to the efficient running of the Scrum team, fully engaging in all Scrum practices and supporting the Scrum Master.
● Contribute to product roadmaps, working with the Product Owner and Product Manager.
● Liaise with other Scrum teams, Product Owner, Product Manager and Systems Architects as appropriate.
● Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering or related subject.
● Excellent knowledge of applying C/C++ in a multitasking embedded environment.
● Use of simulators, compilers and debuggers.
● Real Time Operating Systems.
● Software architecture and design.
● CM systems, especially GIT.
● STB and broadcast headend systems.
● MPEG, DVB, XSI, DSS Digital TV standards.
● Web technologies – HTML5/JS, HTTP REST APIs.
● Scaled Agile / Scrum experience.
● Database technologies, both SQL and noSQL.
● Service Oriented Architectures.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.