Cisco ENGINEER.II.SOFTWARE.ENGINEERING in Chennai, India
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Job Id 1224664
What You'll Do
You will be part of CSC PI Common team and working in BFD and related protocols. You will be involved in design and development of features in the pioneer Cisco NXOS Operating Systems. You will primarily work in Platform Independent software and will collaborate with platform teams based on the nature of feature. We are on various products spanning across multiple platforms in Enterprise and DataCenter.
Who You'll Work With
The Core Software Group (CSG) Platform Independent (PI) common group is responsible for driving the PI software that works across Cisco's flagship routers and switches. We design and develop high-performance system software for various Cisco Platforms which includes Enterprise Switching & Routers, Datacenter Switches, and Service Provider Routing Platforms.
Who You Are
We require creative and talented engineers with experience in developing high-quality networking products on schedule, with strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features, as well as maintaining existing features and areas.
• Good experience in developing s/w in C, under multi-threaded environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Sound fundamentals in Data Structures, Operating Systems and Data Networking fundamentals
• Strong Layer 2/Layer 3 expertise
• Hands on experience in TCP/IP and sockets programming.
• Exposure to Enterprise technologies is added advantage.
• Exposure to development of large/complex network devices including routing& switching systems.
• Strong hands on implementation experience with one or more of the following:
RTOS Internals, High Availability, IPC, Memory management, Distributed communications Infrastructure
• Ability to create and work on Solutions Independently.
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical interfaces in multi-location, across business units.
• Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization.
• Willing to work with and excel in teams spanning geographies and physical boundaries
• Quick learner who is self-driven and has a passion to excel
Preferred Experience and Education:
• Typically requires BSEE/CS or MS/CS or equivalent with 2+ years relevant experience in internetworking technologies and applications.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.