Cisco Software Engineer in Chennai, India
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Additional Location(s) Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1232326
What You'll Do
Our team develops Network Software stack for Routing protocols, Manageability protocols and solutions interacting closely with Core OS and System and works in close collaboration with Platform development teams to enable the Software stack on the existing and future platforms.
This team owns the charter on common software for Routing protocols like OSPFv2/v3, EIGRP, RIP, HSRP, VRRPv2/v3, GLBP, Multicast manageability protocols including OAM, BFD, SLA and routing infrastructure RPM, PBR, Tunnel. Common software so developed spans across products in Service Providers, Enterprise and Data centers. In addition, team works on technologies including virtualization infra, Application hosting and Serviceability infrastructure software. Team also works on emerging technologies in data models, telemetry integration and routing innovations like Segment routing and Mobile-IP.
Who You'll Work With
The Core Software Group (CSG) Platform Independent (PI) group is responsible for driving the PI software that works across Cisco's flagship routers and switches. We design and develop high-performance system software for various Cisco Platforms which includes Enterprise Switching & Routers, Datacenter Switches, and Service Provider Routing Platforms.
Who You Are
We require creative and talented engineers with experience in developing high-quality networking products on schedule, with strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features, as well as maintaining existing features and areas.
• Good experience in developing s/w in C, under multi-threaded environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Sound fundamentals in Data Structures, Operating Systems and Data Networking fundamentals
• Strong Layer 2 expertise with hands-on experience in routing infra structure like PBR, ACL, Tunnel. Expertise in Layer 3 protocols such as (but not limited to) OSPF, IPV4/6 (unicast/multicast), VRRP, GLBP
• Hands on experience in TCP/IP and sockets programming.
• Exposure to Data Center technologies is added advantage.
• Exposure to development of large/complex network devices including routing & switching systems.
• Strong hands on implementation experience with one or more of the following:
RTOS Internals, High Availability, IPC, Memory management, Distributed communications Infrastructure, Serviceability, Linux, Containers, Virtualization
• Ability to create and work on Solutions Independently.
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical interfaces in multi-location, across business units.
• Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization.
• Willing to work with and excel in teams spanning geographies and physical boundaries
• Quick learner who is self-driven and has a passion to excel
Preferred Experience and Education:
• Typically requires BSEE/CS or MS/CS or equivalent with 5-7+ years relevant experience in internetworking technologies and applications.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.