Cisco Director Systems Engineer - Security NGFW in Dallas, Texas
Director Systems Engineer - Security NGFW
Location: Dallas, Texas, US
Additional Location(s) Richardson, TX, Houston, TX, GA, FL, NC, CO, AZ, CA, OR, WA, VA, PA, OH, IL, ID, IN
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest AI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Job Id 1235482
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact.
What You'll Do
As a leader in the Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO), you will be a key contributor in setting the technical sales strategy and execution across Cisco’s Network Security portfolio and architecture. You will also need to identify expertise to grow the team and facilitate key partnerships between customer and internal organizations. This is an ideal position for you if you are someone who has a track record of innovation along with building and scaling high performance sales engineering teams in a fast-paced technology company.
The ideal candidate will:
Have a clear understanding of the entire Cisco Security Architecture and adjacent solutions
Manage strategic interlocks and relationships across key entities including multiple business units, sales, engineering, technical support, marketing, services, Talos, customer success, Global Security Architecture Team and Global Virtual Sales.
Communicate, influence enhancements and drive adoption of new Network Security Proof of Value and demo solutions across Cisco and our partner ecosystem
Collaborate with your sales engineering peers to build strong network security communities of interest in sales regions across the globe
Work across adjacent Cisco architectural teams and solutions to drive seamless customer engagements to integrate Security across Cisco’s portfolio
Work closely with our channel partners to facilitate and simplify effective sales execution across our Network Security solutions.
Who You'll Work With
You will collaborate with Executive Leadership and Sales Leaders to shape/drive top priorities and core initiatives focused on long-range growth and profitability.
Who You Are
You are an excellent Systems Engineering leader with proven ability to collaborate and influence across boundaries. You define and drive cultures to attract and to retain the best system engineering talent in the industry. You strive to be an excellent coach, mentoring career development and career path within your team and outside. Partner with leadership customers and extended team.
· You optimize organization structure in partnership with Sales Leadership aligned to business priorities to maximize bookings in minimize operational expenses.
· You partner with the team and clearly articulate current state, needs and challenges at an executive level for CXO level customers and senior Cisco leadership.
· You partner and align success criteria with Key Cisco partners influencing the business including: Development/BU's, Sales and Delivery, Marketing, Finance, etc. and you know how to have direct engagement with business units driving product requirements, application, roadmaps and delivery of solutions for customers
· You work with cross-function teamwork and collaboration and dedicatedly engage with direct and extended team members to accomplish goals.
· You have a broad and deep knowledge of technologies and evolving architects with the ability to apply Cisco technology product and solution portfolio to customer and industry and you have business Insight and industry knowledge understanding and know how to align Cisco strategy to business challenges and priorities.
Our Minimum Qualifications for this role:
· BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. MBA or equivalent highly desirable and 10+ years related experience, 8+ years management experience.
· Pre-Sales experience required and Cisco experience highly desired along with in-depth knowledge in the relevant technology areas including: Cloud; Data Center/Virtualization; Software & Applications; Enterprise Networking and Security.
· In-depth understanding and experience in management of all aspects of sales support processes and a thorough understanding of organizational structures, management practices, staff development and retention.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.