Cisco Software Engineer in Ecublens, Switzerland
Location: Ecublens, Vaud, Switzerland
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Job Id 1224362
Cisco delivers technology and products for connecting people, places and things, from unified collaboration through data, voice and video to sensor networks, big data, communications carriers and cloud computing. Key characteristics of these technologies include aspects such as quality of service, security, mobility, signaling, session control, transport and manageability.
The Cisco Core Software Group (CSG) is focused on delivering world-class software components that operates on our wide range of switches and routers.
The Wireless Technology group develops the Next Generation Wireless Network Solution. Cisco is the leader in WI-FI market share, and we continue to innovate and add new types of Wi-Fi solutions and services. Cisco has invested heavily on making Wi-Fi work seamlessly across Cisco products. Your work will provide platforms for customer solution innovation and productivity.
Role and Responsibilities
Cisco is seeking a software engineer for the R&D team who will be responsible for defining, designing, implementing, testing and supporting these types of features on network operating systems running on routers and switches. In particular, we are looking for expertise in software layers for wireless solutions. The main responsibilities are:
• Design, document and specify modules and related functional specifications;
• Deliver code and unit-test software modules;
• Integrate modules with other features and support on multiple platforms;
• Test on simulated and real hardware in typical customer scenarios as well as stress and scale scenarios;
• Contribute to the automation of unit, integration, feature and system level testing;
• Maintain quality of the software: fix defects and regression, test the fixes on available releases;
• Plan, design, operate and improve continuous integration and automated testing systems; write, deliver and maintain tests for the toolset.
• University degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent;
• Software development skills in C and Python;
• Good knowledge of computer networks;
• Experience in system troubleshooting and debugging;
• At least basic understanding of wireless protocols and systems in particular the 802.11 family;
• Expertise in implementing and deploying large-scale Wi-Fi systems is a plus;
• Knowledge of Cloud and Virtualization is a plus.
We are looking for candidates with a passion for networking and who are motivated by working in a challenging and innovative environment.
• Team player able to work with globally distributed teams with ability to communicate to all levels of users
• Proven problem-solving skills. Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership;
• Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation, in addition to a strong will and ability to solve problems, to adapt, and to take initiative;
• Flexible and self-motivated with a strong desire to learn;
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time;
• Fluent in English; French would be an asset.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
#cisco #wireless #software
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.