Cisco Data Center Consulting Engineer in Garching, Germany
Data Center Consulting Engineer
Location: Garching, Bayern, Germany
Additional Location(s) Germany, Eschborn
Area of Interest Customer Experience
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1234556
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) delivers the best customer experience in the industry that accelerates success for our customers and profitable growth for Cisco and our partners. Regional CX Teams support highly technical customer engagements in all theatres across the globe and customer segments. This position will focus on the Central European theatre covering mainly Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you are well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution.
What You'll Do
You will provide planning, designing and implementation services to Cisco’s Customers
Participates in or leads complex network migrations projects from Cisco to Cisco or any competitive platforms to Cisco
You will deliver migration plans, with a thorough understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies
You will work closely with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & deliverables discussions with the customers.
As a primary technical contact, you will provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support for Cisco Business Critical Services
You will work independently, with minimal guidance and direction from manager and you will determine best approach to accomplish work
You will mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery
You will assure that the most complex customers’ problems across a broad range of technologies – as necessary for any client - are properly and quickly resolved
You will ensure preventative measures are recommended and identified
Who You Are
· You have BS or equivalent plus 5-7 years of relevant experience
· You have demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams
· You possess in-depth knowledge of Data Center Networking and various Cisco components (ACI, APIC, NEXUS, UCS, etc.) that can deliver these capabilities
· You have knowledge of Cisco’s Data Center technologies and how to successfully configure these devices to implement various forms and versions of the cloud, including Nexus, NAS, and Virtualization
· You know vPC, fabricpath, STP
· You have a good understanding of key technologies and protocols in data networks within the CAN, WAN, Data Center and related security technologies
· You are have experience with designing and optimizing complex network solutions
· You know network management, network availability, and capacity management
· You are an expert on Cisco software features and functionality
· You have a comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols
· Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
· You are willing to travel around 25-35%
· You speak fluent English and German (a great asset)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.