Cisco MANAGER.MGMT-FINANCE-CONTROLLER in Garching, Germany
Location: Garching, Bayern, Germany
Area of Interest Finance
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1229530
The German Controller position covers the ownership and accountability for the Record to Report (R2R) figures reported in the country both for local GAAP and US GAAP. The Controller is expected to keep the Company compliant with all local finance and accounting statute. The role provides accounting oversight and is supported by outsourced operations. This position will have financial control for the Cisco Germany entities. A successful Controller will create and retain excellent working relationships with the other Finance functions such as Tax, Treasury, Sales and Service Finance and where appropriate to the Business leaders. This position will report into the EMEAR Global Accounting & Reporting (GAR) Director based in London.
What You’ll Do
• Leading the Group Accounting and Reporting Organization for the Country
• Ownership and Accountability for the R2R figures reported in the Cisco Germany entities
• Escalation point of contact for the country at an entity level, providing rapid resolution or escalation of all GAR critical issues impacting his/her business customers. Ensuring adequate and timely root cause analysis to understand problem drivers and implementation of necessary corrections and/or changes
• Providing oversight and coordination of the Dispute Resolution process between the affected parties
• Supervision and coordination in conjunction with the outsourced accounting team to ensure the accuracy on the accounting processes and figures
• Ensuring that effective R2R delivery is performed in the country, including an overall management of close and reporting requirements in line with Client policies
• Responsible for the ensuring Client policies are updated in response to changing environment and legislation.
• Close collaboration with the Peer community
• Accountable for the Statutory / Tax compliance commitment in the country for two entities
• Supervise external audits and give final sign-off to statutory accounts and financial statements
• Responsible for conducting country review of balance sheet with the Management team
• Accountable for the Client internal audits and controls (ICS, GRC, SOX)
• With cross-financial business partners, proactively contribute to the execution of corporate wide finance initiatives within the country
• Main point of contact for the FP&A Team with regard to Actual and forecast comparisons where needed
• Reviewing and participating as appropriate in substantial changes to the existing model
• Identifying innovation, scalability opportunities within the country
• Ensuring cross-region opportunities are identified and cross-region areas for improvement are addressed
• Take lead on various projects on processes and accounting requirements as set by Senior Management Team
• Interactions with the close consolidation team to ensure the accuracy on the close of his/ her entities
Who You Are
• Ideally, a minimum of 10 year’s relevant working experience ideally gained in an international oriented environment with exposure to Germany
• Strong accounting background and a strong working knowledge of US GAAP
• Strong Understanding of German Financial regulations as it pertains to books and Records
• Data Analysis - essential
• Collaboration – essential
• Hyperion knowledge- advantageous
• MS Excel/ Powerpoint and word - advantageous
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English / German - essential
Personal attributes (attributes and behavior expected)
• Ability to communicate effectively and to listen and understand concerns and issues
• Strong Business Understanding and acumen
• Ability to work with others in a formal process for solving issues and problems
• A wish to drive best practice and continuously challenge and drive initiatives
• Ability to quickly interpret and understand local requirements and valid treatments for both Local and US GAAP purposes
• Ability to work independently and effectively manage vendors
Education and certifications
A recognized accounting qualification
Education ideally to university level
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.