Cisco Regional Sales Manager Security - Enterprise West in Irvine, California
Regional Sales Manager Security - Enterprise West
Location: Irvine, California, US
Additional Location(s) CA, WA
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Job Id 1235147
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Regional Sales Manager – Enterprise West role open in our Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO)! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales leader who has a real passion for delivering secure solutions that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are a bold, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics, with the sales and generalist teams that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment. Position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
• Manage a team of 8 Cyber Security Specialists (CSS) in developing and executing sales strategy and action that maximizes Cisco opportunity within the customer environment
• Responsible for an annual booking/revenue quota of $150+M
• Be a security practitioner with 5+ years’ experience within the security space
• Develop Area sales plans and be responsible for crisp execution and accurate forecasting
• Making meaningful resource decisions that apply both corporate and account team resources to new opportunities
• Motivating and developing the Cyber Security Specialist (CSS), Consulting Systems Engineers (CSE’s) and Systems Engineering Managers
• Develop and Drive business via channel programs and partners in the area to accelerate scale
• Assign territories and goals to the Security Account Managers and track performance against assigned metrics.
• Provide forecasting and business reports as applicable for the area.
• Perform quarterly and annual performance reviews for the team.
• Provide for the professional development of the team members.
In this role as Regional Sales Manager, you will develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco's opportunity within the customer environment while measuring the progress. Along with sales planning, this position is responsible for accurate forecasting, leading Cyber Security Specialist’s (CSS) in the development and expansion of opportunities, and reinforcing existing relationships. You possesses strategic business and technical knowledge, and can succeed as a leader and mentor in a demanding and rewarding sales environment. This is a good opportunity to apply your sales leadership experience working with phenomenal sales teams and solutions leveraging Cisco integrated Security Architecture. Direct customer/partner contact will comprise a major portion of this assignment. You will have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process. This Regional Sales Manager will work closely with various Security and Enterprise Networking Business Unit leadership.
• BA degree - MBA or graduate degree preferred
• 5+ years sales management of a technical sales organization that includes account managers and systems engineers
• 10+ years of sales experience
• 5+ years in the security space
• Specific examples of closing large, strategic deals including software and services
• Knowledge of America's and Global market trends
• Strong leadership skills in a cross-functional teaming environment
• Strategic technical knowledge
• Demonstrated successes as a sales leader and mentor in a demanding and rewarding sales environment
• Ability to lead a dispersed account team with both direct and indirect reports
• 5+ years of sales management experience of a technical sales organization that includes sales people and systems engineers
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.