Cisco Software Consulting Engineer - NMS in Iselin, New Jersey
Software Consulting Engineer - NMS
Location: Iselin, New Jersey, US
Additional Location(s) Remote
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1225550
What You'll Do
The Software Consulting Engineer within Advanced Services delivers the technologies, solutions and implementation consulting services customer needs to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer" working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
Who You'll Work With
With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. We are currently seeking applicants for a unique position with our Cisco Advanced Services’ Software Delivery Team.
Who You Are
Preferred location: NY/NJ Area
Local candidates are preferred, as there is no relocation assistance available for these positions.
Customer travel required, up to 50% during onsite engagements.
• Excellent consulting skills and team leadership. Self-motivated and drives for business outcomes. Customer facing experience is a must – comfortable leading, presenting, and being in front of customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. In depth knowledge in TWO or more of: MPLS, CarrierE, IP Internetworking, LAN Switching, QoS technologies
• Knowledge of Network Management, NMS software applications, and NMS applications platforms
• Experience with NMS troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment
• The focus is on such Cisco Network Management applications as Prime Infrastructure, APIC-EM, Prime Access/Network Registrar
• Strong technical skills in Unix, Linux, Oracle. Experience with 3rd party applications like Netcool, HPOV, eHealth, InfoVista is a plus
• Broad understanding and/or experience with L2-L3 networking, data center, and security technology, sufficient enough to understand customer solutions, topologies, and interactions with higher networking layers
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and/or in support of or leading small teams. Abreast on current technologies and trends with implementation experience of these new technologies
• Comfortable in fast changing environments where direction is minimal. Demonstrated track record of exceeding customer expectations.
• Typically requires BS in related field or equivalent experience; Professional Cisco-specific certifications up to and possibly including CCIE; 2-5 years of relevant experience in the networking arena with proven experience in a Customer-facing capacity.
Desired Skills and Opportunities to Gain Skills
• Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle with good exposure to agile development methodologies
• Project delivery experience in DevOps/Agile methodologies using CI/CD tools like Jenkin/Maven/Jira/Artifactory/Git
• Should have leveraged RDBMS and NoSQL: Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra are examples. Experience leveraging AWS, Azure or other public cloud. Experience working with Containers – Dockers, Kubernetes and /or similar
• Experience with Network Management Architecture, Wireless, and/or Collaboration technologies
• Sound knowledge in web portal design, API integration, interface design and system integration
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.