Cisco Regional Direct Tax Manager Covering Africa Region in Krakow, Poland
Regional Direct Tax Manager Covering Africa Region
Location: Krakow, Poland
Area of Interest Finance
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1227303
Who You'll Work With
The Europe Middle-East Africa and Russia/CIS (“EMEAR”) Theatre Direct Tax team is part of Cisco’s Global Tax & Customs organization (“GTC”). The team consists of highly skilled and diverse individuals responsible for Cisco’s Direct tax affairs (profit-based taxes) in the EMEAR theatre ensuring that Cisco remains tax compliant and efficient. Our team is flexible, friendly and cohesive and we are always willing to help each other. We work closely with external advisers, as well as with other expert groups within GTC including Transfer Pricing, Indirect Tax, Customs and International Tax Compliance and with many cross-functional business partners, e.g., Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Legal, Human Resources, Engineering, and the Sales organization. We are also Cisco’s face towards the tax authorities.
Working in the Cisco’s GTC team will provide a level of exposure, learning and experience outside of a typical tax job and build your business acumen skills.
We are looking for an individual to fulfil the position of Regional (Direct) Tax Manager covering Africa. The position will also involve an EMEAR wide functional support role related to Customer deals and Replacement spare parts operations.
The successful candidate will report to our Direct tax sub-theatre lead (based in the UK) for Africa, Eastern Europe, Russia/CIS, and a number of functional areas.
Who You Are
· You are a passionate individual with strong knowledge and solid experience in International Direct taxation and compliance. This experience may have been gained in practice or at a large multinational, and ideally includes some knowledge and experience in Transfer Pricing. Direct tax experience in Africa and French and/or Arabic language skills is a plus.
· You have strong analytical and tax research skills, which are essential to the role, in addition to excellent communication and presentational skills to clearly explain impacts to Cisco in the appropriate manner for the target audience.
· You also have a broad level of business acumen allowing you to act as an excellent cross-functional business partner, quickly identifying business unit needs and providing tax guidance based on an understanding of Cisco’s overall structure.
· You are motivated and an enthusiastic professional who loves working with people.
· You are able to work independently and can multitask.
What You'll Do
You will be in charge of Cisco’s Direct tax affairs in the African countries, including optimising and maintaining Cisco’s Direct tax position in these important territories. The role will also involve an EMEAR wide functional support related to Customer deals and Replacement spare parts operations.
You will be responsible for performing, monitoring, maintaining and continuously improving end-to-end Direct tax support for your assigned countries, including with respect to:
· Tax compliance cycle;
· Direct tax planning projects;
· Direct tax and Transfer Pricing audits;
· Direct tax cross functional business support including Deals, Supply Chain, Treasury, Technical Services and Replacement spare parts, to enable the business in a tax efficient and compliant way;
· Managing and controlling any uncertain Direct tax positions;
· Advising and/or performing a consulting role for Direct tax matters;
· Supporting mergers, acquisitions, integrations and business restructurings;
· Reviewing key legislation and regulatory developments in your assigned countries as well as OECD/G20 international tax developments; and
· Co-ordinating EMEAR theatre Direct tax support for discreet functional areas (e.g.,Customer deals and Replacement spare parts operations)
Our minimum requirements for this role include:
University Degree in a Tax, Finance or Accounting related fields
Up to 5 years in International Taxation and/or Tax accounting related role
Excellent strategic negotiation skills
Excellent communication skills
Project management, organizational and execution skills
Enjoy working at a fast pace and in a people friendly environment
The ideal candidate will have strong cross-functional and business partnership skills, show good initiative and should be comfortable in a constantly changing and challenging environment.
The applicant must be fluent in English, both written and spoken, and be able to use various Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. We do it in style with unique personalities who are not afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.