Cisco TSTV/Cloud Planner Software Engineer in Lawrenceville, Georgia
TSTV/Cloud Planner Software Engineer
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1221961
Job Description for 2 year developer
Cisco SPVSS Business Unit is looking for a Software Engineer who is interested in joining the Cloud development organization. This is an exciting opportunity to join a group of highly competent software engineers focused on implementing and deploying the next generation cloud based video system. You will have the opportunity to develop, integrate, test, and deploy highly scalable and robust software onto privately or publicly managed data centers.
As a Software Engineer-Cloud you will:
• Have a strong passion for building new, scalable, robust software in a continuous integration workflow.
• Design and develop private and public cloud software platform with integrated automation and monitoring tools
• Work with Cloud infrastructure teams and data centers in a DevOps model
• Operate within an Agile development environment in a Scrum team.
• 2+ years Professional Experience
• Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Experience with Cloud Services API design, implementation, integration and test
• Experience developing web services with Node.js
• Experience with MongoDB, Couchbase, or equivalent NoSQL database.
• Experience in Linux
• Experience using Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Test Automation
• Strong collaboration skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter, taking initiatives requiring minimal oversight
• Proficient in Bash, C/C++, Git.
• Experience designing, creating and deploying services on Openstack.
• Experience designing XML and JSON data structures
• Good understanding of High-Availability, Cluster architectures and deployments
• Experience with Docker containers
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.