Cisco Pre-Sales Systems Engineer in Lindon, Utah
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Location: Lindon, Utah, US
Additional Location(s) RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1238123
What You'll Do
Ever wondered what it would be like to immerse yourself in the ocean of major technology disruptions in the world today? What if you could be rewarded for being at the epicenter of helping to drive the sales of one of the largest pioneers of the Internet on our planet?
Imagine having a meeting using Telepresence with your customer who is somewhere around the world and yet you talk the same language: technology. The next day, working from home, you could help your customers achieve results - making their business more productive, improving vital communication systems to help facilitate delivery.
In your role as System Engineer you will partner with our Virtual Sales Account Managers in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions. You will design solutions by having direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in an assigned geography. You will provide consultative support in your area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
In the end, the outcome is: help people, connect lives and change the world – that’s what we do.
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Systems Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales organization, you will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly in response to market changes and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about technology and how it can affect positive change? We look for change-makers able to work in a complex environment, constantly improving things for communities and enterprises by designing technical solutions. You are a clear example of collaboration and put great importance on interpersonal relationships.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
· Science, Technology, Economics or Mathematics related major
· 2+ years of industry related experience in a pre-sales role
· Knowledge in supporting and working with Service Providers and Cloud Porviders
· A plus would be a good generalist knowledge across Cisco’s solutions set (Data Centre & Virtualization or Security, or Enterprise network, or Collaboration )
· Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications
· Competitive knowledge (in area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings
· Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
· CCDP, CCNP, CCIE certifications and industry certifications are a plus
· Understands the value of Scripting, Software and Everything as a Service.
· Innate curiosity and eagerness to learn; Ease in embracing complexity and a natural team player
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.