Cisco Service Designer, Researcher in Lysaker, Norway
Service Designer, Researcher
Location: Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1228388
Cisco Collaboration is undergoing a business transformation from selling a portfolio of video conference products to a single collaboration service. We need ambitious service designers to ensure this massive effort results in a seamless, elegant and powerful experience for end-users.
What You'll Do
· Work alongside other service designers in the design group.
· Take Cisco designers and developers out into the field to talk to end users, IT admins, heads of HR, knowledge workers, teachers, doctors, public service workers, and the like about their collaboration needs.
· Synthesize what you hear from customers with workplace trends and your own genius into a coherent story of design-actionable insights.
· Work in an international company. This enables you to travel abroad and meet with exciting customers.
· Argue convincingly the user needs / jobs / problems the organization should prioritize
· Map current and future customer journeys:
How do people collaborate?
How can we drive good collaboration with our technology?
What barriers do our personas meet?
What can we do to improve retention?
· Plan and facilitate workshops that bring people together to see the complete end-to-end experience from the customer perspective
· Use your coaching talent to influence and coordinate cross functional groups to work together
· Use your visual communication skills to explain with clarity how new services should work, both from a user’s point of view (storyboards) and from a development point of view (blueprints, service architecture)
· Break those new service designs into customer journeys, actionable roadmaps and development backlogs.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a team responsible for developing new products and services for our collaboration solutions.We have industrial designers, interaction designers, visual designers, and service designers all under one roof. The full development team is always striving to reach the level of perfection you only get when the whole ecosystem of hardware and software is designed together.
Who You Are
You have a genuine curiosity about people and are a good listener— you’re happier out in the field talking to customers than sitting at your desk with headphones on. You’re comfortable standing in front of people and telling an inspiring story or running a high-energy workshop. You evaluate designs by their acceptance by users, not by their adherence to academic principles. You write well. You do not shy away from technology discussions and enjoy the nitty gritty problem solving in execution. And you’re willing to see things through, follow-up on implementation, and don’t give up easily.
· Master level education of interaction design, service design or similar education. Alternatively, a degree in a human behavior related field (ethnography, psychology, anthropology) and an outstanding track record of applying research to design work.2+ years of relevant professional work following a user-centered design process.
· Knowledge and professional experience using service design methods: customer journeys, lifecycle, ideal journeys, cross-functional workshops, blueprints
· Real field experience with a broad toolkit of qualitative design research methods
· Interaction design skillset and “tech talk” for communication with SW design teams
· Must be able to conduct usability studies from start to finish
· Fluency with standard design tools (Keynote, illustrator, Sketch, and Invision are our bread and butter)
· Analytics and quantitative research experience (market surveys, A/B tests, statistics, NPS) is a plus
· Already located in Oslo or willing to relocate
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.