Cisco GSP Project Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
GSP Project Manager
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Additional Location(s) None
Area of Interest Project or Program Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1241164
What You'll Do
The ideal candidate will support Telco, Mobility, Web Tier 1 Service Provider Project management team and drive the team’s work across several functional teams. Specific activities include (but not limited to):
● Manages large or strategic, cross-functional and highly visible customer facing projects or multiple projects or takes a business management role in a large or strategic account or group of accounts.
● Work with cross-organizational and functional stakeholders to develop and evolve long-term strategies while driving tactical activities in a matrix organization, communicating through proper channels and levels.
● Drive project lifecycle milestones from concept commit through project closure, advocate change management and escalate project issues to resolution
● Partner with functional teams during initiation, plan, design, procurement, deployment, and post deployment phases
● May manage complex internal projects/programs within Cisco and carry responsibilities of team leadership
● May Program Manage ongoing optimization service to deployed customer networks
● May provide leadership to the PMO to further develop the PM/PGM role, processes and operations.
● Ensure risks are accounted for and provide risk mitigation strategies.
● Accountable for the Project Budget
● Drive internal process improvements; remove gaps, across multiple teams and functions.
● Actively drive project status reporting, issues & risks management
● Drive continuous improvement towards delivery excellence (e.g. evaluate results against metrics; recommend or implement changes to improve delivery practices/processes)
Who You'll Work
Our team within the Telco, Mobility, Web PMO serves Cisco's largest service provider customer from a team of seasoned PM and PgM professionals. We manage projects and programs to deliver bleeding edge mobility technology and upgrades.
Who You Are
● PMP plus other project management certifications
● Typically requires BS/BA degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent plus 7-10+ years related experience in networking/telecommunications industry.
● 3+ years of experience in managing projects in one or more areas specific to Wireline, Mobility, Data Center, Lab Certification, etc.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Demonstrated experience leading infrastructure-related projects such as Network, Storage, Virtualization (EPC, Policy), Data Center Deployments, Data Center Migration, etc.
● Strong knowledge of Project Management tools.
● Demonstrated clear leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams.
● Strong business acumen and financial prowess
● Strong customer focus
● Strong Communications skills (examples helpful)
● Team orientation – working through complex leadership structures to successfully apply Program Management discipline to the work effort
● Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Work flow automation (MS Sharepoint or otherwise)
● Use of time tracking and project accounting systems (Oracle P6 / Oracle Project)
● Strong integration of Project Management and ability to leverage tools productively
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.