Cisco Network Consulting Engineer in Mexico City, Mexico
Network Consulting Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Area of Interest Customer Experience
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1225970
What You'll Do
Provide planning, Designing and Implementation services to Cisco’s Advanced Services Customers.
Participates in or leads complex network migrations projects from Cisco to Cisco or any competitive platforms to Cisco.
Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies.
Work closely with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & deliverables discussions with the customers.
Mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery.
Work closely with the sales and regional teams to participate and drive the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Identify & influence additional business opportunities in collaboration with sales team by leveraging knowledge of customer’s network, challenges and future plans.
Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer and guide them to the next steps.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Advanced Services ( AS ) is an award winning organization that functions as the competitive differentiator for Cisco’s customers to solve their toughest challenges by delivering customer specific business solutions. AS’s Global delivery centers ( GDCs ) in Bangalore, RTP, Dalian, Krakow and Mexico act as delivery hubs to drive delivery scale, innovation and quality while local teams focus on business growth and outcomes. GDC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all regions acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and regional teams. These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures – Route & Swtich, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Cloud, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS.
The CITT – Network Migrations team in Bangalore GDC focusses on Routing & Switching solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, build, deploy and migrate networks. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution transitions and industry trends.
Who You Are
•Strong knowledge and expertise of below Cisco’s products and technologies is must :
Cisco Products : Minimum 2 products :
Cisco CRS Routers, Cisco ASR routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000
Technologies : LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs , IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
•Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or Network solution designing of Cisco routers and switch is must.
Competitive Knowledge :
• Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products would be highly preferred:
• Prior experience of conducting customer workshops, High level and low level network design experience would be preferred.
• Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
Soft Skills :
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
• Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
• Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry
• Certifications Preferred – CCIE ( Preferred ), CCIP, CCNA, CCNP ( Plus )
• Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
• A self-driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
• High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.