Cisco Linux Kernel Driver Developer in Milpitas, California
Linux Kernel Driver Developer
Location: Milpitas, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Wireless, Mobility
Job Id 1219277
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced Linux-kernel-driver developer to design, architect and implement a range of functions relating to platform bringup, kernel software development and device drivers.
Responsibilities and Expertise:
– Linux Kernel and Device Driver development
– Build tool-chains, kernel packages, and platform bringup
– Make modifications to u-boot, Linux kernel and kernel configuration for bringup and testing of the Linux kernel in an embedded environment
– Embedded systems/firmware design, implementation and deployment
– Other areas of development include writing daemons, libraries, automation tools and drivers for network devices
Who You'll Work With
Team Polaris in Cisco Enterprise Networkingtransforming the SD-WAN experienceand you will be part of world-class engineers in building innovative networking stacks. Software engineering team that works on various cutting edge technologies Opportunity to build core infrastructure and real-time technologies for Cisco IOS-XE including analytics pipelines, N-way replicable in-memory databases, graph execution engine. Your software will power the Cisco Enterprise portfolio of Routers, Switches, Wireless and IOT devices.
Who You Are
– You are a Software engineer with 8-10+ years of experience in computer systems, software and architecture
– You possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
– You must have at least 3 years of Linux kernel development experience and good understanding of the u-boot boot loader, Linux kernel, Linux device driver internals and Linux user package internals
– You are experienced with board bringup, writing and debugging device drivers
– You are good with writing platform and system software
– Extensive knowledge of kernel and network resource management
– You are an excellent C programmer and possess strong problem solving skills
– You have experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies
– You have a good understanding of the network protocol stack, including L2 switching and IP Routing, TCP/IP
– Prefer strong skills in Python/Perl scripting
Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team player
Must be able to own large portions of the software from a technical perspective
Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight.
Have experience in customer deployments
Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.