Cisco Software Engineer- C programming in Milpitas, California
Software Engineer- C programming
Location: Milpitas, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1231095
Do you want to work in a startup-like working environment with all the benefits of being in a large dynamic company that powers the networks of the largest service, cloud, and enterprise providers around the world? Want to be part of a team that is innovative through disruption and revolutionize next generation of networks? If so, come join the NeXT organization within Cisco
We are looking for individuals who can make a difference in the team with their out of box thinking and brings in multicast networking experience.
You will be responsible for design and development of multicast protocols, and working with customers on solutions and deployment.
· B.S in CS (or EE) with equivalent experience
· Working knowledge of Multicast Protocols and familiar with technologies such as mVPN, Segment Routing and EVPN
· Strong grounding in data structures and algorithms
· Proficient in C programming
· Working Knowledge in python is highly desirable.
· Strong documentation and communication skills
· M.S. in CS, EE or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of experience working with multicast protocols such as PIM, IGMP, mLDP, MSDP, AutoRP.
· 4+ years of experience in programming in C language.
· Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and IS-IS are strongly desired
· In-depth understanding of packet forwarding, operating systems internals, algorithms, and computer architecture is highly desirable
· Working knowledge of linux and open source network stack
· Working knowledge of how MPLS works including LDP, RSVP-TE is required
· Experience configuring and automating the deployment of MPLS based VPNs (MVPN, L3VPN, L2VPN) is desirable
· Hands on experience with Cisco Routers (core, edge or access) is desirable
· Experience using test tools (ideally Ixia or Spirent) to simulate the topologies mentioned above and to create traffic for these is strongly desirable
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who are ready to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.