Cisco Software Engineer in Milpitas, California
Location: Milpitas, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1230889
Who You'll Work With
We are looking for engineers who are ready to make difference in the world of collaboration technologies. You must be fascinated with the social media and collaborative technological experiences available today. Here is the chance for you to work on similar technologies that are built for business. You will be innovating in the areas of WebEx, Spark, and Video Conferencing, to name a few.
What You'll Do
Our goal is to build software technologies to change the way enterprise users communicate.
• You will work within an agile development environment with other developers and product owners to scope, develop and deliver world-class software solutions.
• The role will require you to innovate & develop server side technologies and/or User Experience.
• Technologies like Containers, Cassandra, AWS, VMware, Linux are extensively used.
Who You Are
• B.S or M.S degree in Computer Science or an equivalent with preferably 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments with deep dive analytical skills.
• Cloud and Web Security oriented thinking.
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Test Automation, Git.
• Experience with cloud technology, web applications, databases, or collaboration technologies are a plus.
• Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you.
• Write, modify, and debug software for cloud applications. Use source debuggers and visual development environments. Test and document software for server applications.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.