Cisco APJ FSI Business Development Manager in Mumbai, India
APJ FSI Business Development Manager
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Additional Location(s) Bangalore
Area of Interest Business Development
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1227936
APJ FSI BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Cisco’s APJ Enterprise & Digital Transformation Group is looking for an experienced technology & customer analytics savvy Business Development Manager to join the team
The primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to plan, develop, and execute differentiated sales programs for our FSI customers – starting with market analysis, developing relevant offers, executing the Go-To-Market through our sales specialists, and then measuring the impact through key metrics & indicators.
The success of this role will be measured against the overall business generated by the new sales programs, and how these programs add to the overall growth of the APJ Enterprise business.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Use your business development and subject matter expertise to build the differentiated sales programs
· Derive insights from customer analytics to create relevant offers for the market as part of these programs through the architecture, business solution or vertical solution lens.
· Collaborates with the multiple cross-functional stakeholders across the Region: Enterprise Sales teams, Cisco Architecture teams, Cisco Services, Cisco Capital, Marketing, Channel teams to create, and the drive execution of the sales programs.
· Engages with field sales, top customers and partners as necessary to understand the impact of these programs and how we may evolve these programs to meet the needs of our customers.
· Lead and drive awareness of sales programs down to theatres and countries, provide necessary training to ensure 'last mile execution'.
· Conduct regular business reviews with Architecture and Sales leaders, and other key functional groups to ensure GTM execution, and gather feedback.
· Analyze and track program performance and provide enhancement recommendations to adjust course on programs / initiatives as required.
· Manage and ensure program governance and theater/country inter-lock across APJ
· Be the escalation point for theaters/countries for work with Region and WW teams on timely resolution of such matters.
· Drives the execution model through communities of interest, best practice sharing, and knowledge transfer.
Qualification & Experience
To be successful, the APJ FSI BDM will need to understand buying behaviors of the customers in the various sub-segments of the FSI market as well as the partners that serve these customers. In addition, the BDM will need to take into account the competitive environment that exists in the market, and learning & responding to how our top competitors roll out sales programs across the Region.
· 15+ years’ experience in the IT industry, preferably in sales and/or business development, or technical marketing with strong familiarity on Cisco's products, Architectures and services offerings.
· Must have program management experience, and business development, sales management or sales experience highly desirable
· Demonstrated leadership and ability to work cross-functionally across various organizations to drive outcomes - requires ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly.
· Proven ability to influence and lead in a highly matrixed model.
· Excellent written, verbal communication, listening and presentation skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and strategies to people at all levels of the organization.
· Extensive background and understanding of product, service, and channels sales at Cisco or comparable experience from another company.
· Track record of successful performance as a "change agent" within Cisco or other companies.
· Demonstrated ability to provide planning and project management in a multi-site virtual team environment for complex projects spanning cross-functional organizations, areas, and locations worldwide.
· Experience building actionable long and short-term business plans based on a deep understanding of the market and execution levers.
· Bachelor's degree from a reputable university/college. MBA desirable but not required.
· Demonstrated leadership and collaborative style which builds alliances and emphasizes high morale, effective team work and high professional standards.
· Ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, establish credibility, and gain confidence of multiple stakeholders across Cisco, Partners, and the extended Vertical Practice team.
· Demonstrated ability to frame customer business imperatives and inspire confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents.
· Demonstrated creativity and team focus in a dynamic, fast paced, and changing environment.
· Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, and a high motivation towards setting goals and delivering time sensitive results.
· Demonstrated passion and ability for delivering results through extended communities and teams.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.