Cisco Advanced Services Manager in Munich, Germany
Advanced Services Manager
Location: Munich, Bayern, Germany
Area of Interest Professional Services
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1227306
Cisco Advanced Services (AS) is on a mission to create extraordinary customer outcomes through our expertise, technology and solutions.
There is a lot of innovation happening – particularly in IoT, Cloud, Security, Mobile and Networking. There has never been more change and market transitions all at the same time. Yet the strength of these advances lies not in the individual technologies themselves, but in how they are used to change how we all live, work and play. This innovation is fuelling amazing change and creating unprecedented opportunity. It is helping to change the world as we know it. Organizations must master new business models, new processes, and new threats—in ever shorter time frames.
AS is one of the most meaningful areas for our future growth in Germany. Cisco seeks an effective leader to join its Advanced Services organization in the role of Manager, Advanced Services in Germany. With the growing importance of Services within Cisco, we are looking for an experienced manager to run the South Germany, Austria and Switzerland region.
This is a rare opportunity for a senior manager to lead a talented team that plays a vital role in Cisco's world-class Services offering.
As the AS Manager, you will be a mentor and guide to your team of Consulting Engineers and Solution Architects. You will provide planning and strategic support, and serve as an authority for resolving issues in escalated or highly complex Services situations. You will be the lead interface to the AS Client teams, Sales, BU`s, Technical Services and other functions in the respective region. As the majority of the customers have significant size, the candidate will be able to navigate in matrix, global environments external as well as inside Cisco.
In this highly visible role, the applicant will be responsible for Leadership of the AS team - both direct reports and dotted line through collaboration, influence and respect.
• Run the region of South Germany, Austria and Switzerland
• Lead the AS consulting engineering team whose role it is to support Cisco’s customers achieve their business objectives by
• Innovating faster and better
• Opening and building new markets
• Driving growth and transformation
• Crafting exceptional experiences for customers, partners, and employees
• Working smart and expertly, unlocking business intelligence
• All while minimizing risk and ensuring optimal delivery
• Be the main point of escalation and be adept at resolving conflict
• Closely team with the Service Sales organization to ensure our Services models fit our customer requirements
• Make executive decisions on nearshore and offshore capabilities
• Stay ahead of capacity planning
• Recognize the importance of customer satisfaction and empower the team to achieve the customer happiness target with best-of-class support.
• Plan, propose and participate in annual budget, staff and business plan process to achieve financial goals. Manage operation expenses to meet the company financial goals.
• Manage staff by providing performance feedback and mentorship in addition to annual salary and career advancement review.
• Champion and lead cross functional initiatives to build new programs and resolve issues.
• Promote Cisco services in external marketplace - both to customers and channel partners
You bring a wealth of leadership experience in a high-tech environment
• You have a familiarity with solutions selling and finance P&L, an attitude for identifying customer needs and opportunities
• Strong negotiation skills - Ability to lead large complex Services opportunities and Customer engagements
• Ability to run and direct Advanced Services strategies to customers as well as aligning with channel partners.
• Experienced in collaborating with global peers
• A deep understanding of legal contracts.
• Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills required (German, English)
• To be considered for this position, you should have
• several years of experience leading large scale, Enterprise or Service Provider accounts
• Deep understanding of the service methodology, offers and execution
• Standout colleague, with validated ability to lead by influence
• Strong skills in strategic planning, customer relations and retention, contract development and negotiation, support operations and business management
• Consistent track record of collaboration across multiple organizations
• P&L management with excellent business acumen
• An excellent communicator, team builder and motivator with a the ability to provide leadership while exhibiting extraordinary social communication and coaching skills.
• Be organized and self-motivated
• Be experienced in driving change in complex environments
• Engineering post graduate degree or MBA
• Detailed knowledge of the networking, cloud and automation industry
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.