Cisco 1232995 Pre-Sales Systems Engineer - Sports in New York, New York
1232995 Pre-Sales Systems Engineer - Sports
Location: New York, NY, US
Additional Location(s) Miami, FL, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider
Job Id 1232995
Who We Are
The Media Systems Engineering Team is responsible for creating innovative architectures that revolutionize how content is produced, edited, stored, and distributed. We are driving the tidal shift to cloud-scale technologies in the media industry and championing the adoption of IP throughout the content lifecycle. On a daily basis we work with professional Movie Studios, Television Broadcasters, Content Creators, and even College & Professional Sports Leagues.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a Pre-sales Engineering position within our Media & Entertainment group. Our strategy has empowered dozens of global media companies to capture the many growth opportunities made possible by the Internet of Everything. We have enabled service providers to transform the experience, transform the business and transform the architecture with cloud-based capabilities. We leverage our assets to solve our Service Provider’s critical challenges. Do you want to help with this change? You can have the ability to manage market transitions in Mobility, Web, Media, Cloud, Cable, NGN, and Video!
Who You Are
Do you like sports? This is a Pre-Sales Systems Engineering position covering NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS and More! You will help drive the technical strategy within each of these customers, and help them make the transition to IP based workflows for their content production and at their events.
In this Pre-Sales Systems Engineering role, you will need to have a good understanding of the Data Center technologies, as well as routing and switching to be successful. Knowledge of Media, Broadcast, or Video Industry will be a plus.
● Perform technical presentations for Media customers and partners championing our next-gen solutions and innovations in the media space.
● Be the face of Cisco within this customer base.
● Ability to qualify new opportunities and leverage extended team to go after these opportunities
● Establish relationships and collaborate with internal resources such as product managers, technical specialists, architects, etc.
● Ensure Media technical initiatives are tied into the customer's strategy and goals
● Be a trusted advisor to your customers
● Focus on collaboratively contributing to the long term success of Media
● Ability to learn quickly and stay current with the latest business and technology innovations in Media
● Strong operating experience in more than one of the following areas of specialization: Data Center Infrastructure (Compute AND Switching), Virtualization/Containerization, Cloud, Routing & Switching, Security, Collaboration.
● Develop understanding and be conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
● Systems engineering and/or operational experience with infrastructure built on cloud and virtualization technologies such as vSphere, Xen, AWS, Hadoop, MapReduce, Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra, MemCached, MySQL, Hive, Varnish, GFS, OpenStack, etc.
● Experience with digital media and video/streaming a plus
●7+ years related experience in a fast-paced high technology environment
● Cisco product experience (required)
● BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCNP or CCIE certification desirable.
●In-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in more than one area of specialization.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.