Cisco Optic Integration and System Engineer in Nuremberg, Germany
Optic Integration and System Engineer
Location: Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Networking, Service Provider, Wireless, Mobility
Job Id 1228882
What You'll Do
• Work in the Architecture Design team to transfer product requirements into component specifications
• Identify critical component properties, transfer these into simulation models
• Experimentally evaluate high speed electrical and optical components on component and application level
• Assess enabling technologies to support definition of optical component architectures
• Serve as subject matter expert during product bring-up and debugging
Who You'll Work With
Our team works with customers defining and developing advanced optical transmission products for Cisco's transport, routing and switching platform portfolio. The High-Speed Optics team is responsible for design, integration and validation of line-side coherent DWDM electro-optical interfaces. You have a unique opportunity to join this highly innovative and diligent engineering team and push the envelope for the next generation of high performing optical transmission systems.
Who You Are
You've got experience in simulating, testing and integrating opto-electronic or photonic components for optical transmission systems. You have profounded knowledge in the area of coherent optical systems and a strong background in communication theory. You have good analytic and decision making skills. Your strong communication skills help you influence others.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• Master degree in electrical engineering or applied physics
• Strong background in communication theory and numerical simulation tools (Matlab, VPI)
• Strong background in measurement techniques for high speed electrical and optical components
• Knowledge about coherent optical systems
• Interest in customer oriented product development
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.