Cisco 1230446 - Systems Engineering Manager in Offsite, Pennsylvania
1230446 - Systems Engineering Manager
Location: Offsite, Pennsylvania, US
Additional Location(s) Moorestown, NJ
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider
Job Id 1230446
What You’ll Do
Changing the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. You’ve probably heard Cisco’s vision many times over the years. Now is the time when that vision becomes even more relevant than ever before. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. We helped people connect through social media, online e-commerce, business networking, and now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
We have an exciting management role open on our Comcast Engineering Sales team! This role is a Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) role for our core infrastructure team. We are seeking a customer-focused technical sales professional with strong knowledge of customer business drivers and vast experience working with large service providers on network infrastructure design. You will act as a trusted advisor in the account and work with the Client Director and Senior Engineering leadership to demonstrate the business value of Cisco solutions and architectures by aligning opportunities with a 3-5 year architectural vision. Serves as a senior advocate for customers within Cisco.
Who You'll Work With
In this SEM role, you will support the largest MSO in North America, working in partnership with the sales, engineering and leadership teams to combine Cisco solutions and third-party interoperability to improve business outcomes. You will be able to demonstrate industry business acumen and leadership in Service Provider network architecture frameworks, programmability and automation concepts, business alignment, and solutions development.
At Cisco, our strategy has empowered dozens of Global Service Providers to capture the many growth opportunities made possible by the Internet of Everything. We have enabled service providers to transform the experience, transform the business, and transform the architecture with cloud-based capabilities. We leverage our assets to solve our Service Providers’ critical challenges. Do you want to help with this change? You can have the ability to manage market transitions in Mobility, Web, Media, Cloud, Cable, NGN, and Video!
Who You Are
You're an experienced technology sales leader who has worked with large Service Providers in the past. Experience and relationships working with Comcast directly in the past is a significant plus. You have an in-depth technical background with network architectural components, strong routing background, are in the midst of adding software skills to your professional skillset. You have experience in a quota-carrying technical sales role and experience working with a large account team of Account Managers, Systems Engineers and other sales leaders.
Specific Responsibilities of this role include:
· Identify, prioritize, and document technical issues impacting our (Cisco) ability to grow faster than the industry in prioritized solution area. Factors could include solution architecture, functionality/value to customer, performance/scale/security/manageability, and competitive differentiation
· Be the Subject Matter Expert in Solution area. Collaborate with BU/BE, Region teams, SP teams, SP’s, & other critical stakeholders to define and continually improve selected solution offerings
· Drive best in industry Interlock with BU/BE on short, mid, and long term initiatives to drive growth faster than the market
· Drive solution insertion with selected lighthouse customers
· Drive Executive alignment and committed development across BE/BU, Global and Regional SP, Partner organization, and Architectural teams on Prioritized Solutions and Initiatives
· Define “scale” requirements for broader technical community / solution scaling (e.g., training requirements, Demo/POC requirements)
Required Skills & Experience:
· Passion – Personal belief level that enables others to evolve their point of view or current priorities
· Tenacity – Ability to push past setbacks, objectives, and roadblocks to achieve desired investments and outcomes
· Collaboration and Coalition – The ability to truly listen to diverse perspectives, gain alignment, and build a mutually agreed upon successful go forward plan that others will believe & invest in
· Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills – Best in Industry ability to succinctly and professionally articulate challenges, opportunities, and convincing go forward strategies in written or oral format
· Architecture definition – Strong experience defining architectures for customer solutions and in collaborating with PLM and Engineering to drive the development needed to realize those solutions
· Deep understanding of Enterprise Networking technologies – including: routing, switching, security, and management – particularly as they apply to LAN and DC applications
· Extensive knowledge of Service Provider service definition, prioritization, service build, service launch, service operations, and lifecycle process
· Extensive knowledge of Cisco Sales, Partner, and BE/BU processes and priorities
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.