Cisco Senior Software Engineer in Ottawa, Ontario
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider
Job Id 1228307
Location: Ottawa, Canada
The Business Entity
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of several networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Cisco continues to lead in new areas such as Cloud, Data Center, Virtualization, SDN, Internet of Things. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Cisco is a $50 Billion dollar global leader in supplying leading edge, best-in-class networking products driving today's Internet. The company is ranked as one of the world's best employers and spends over $6 Billion dollars a year invested in R&D. Cisco is a great and amazing place to grow your career. You will work within an Agile team environment and have the opportunity to continue to enhance your architecture and programming skills.
You will be part of a team responsible to design, implement and collaborate on advanced and emerging technologies that will power the next generation of Service, Content, Data Center and Cloud providers. You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the world in a fun thriving and leading-edge environment.
Role & Responsibilities
• Participate in the definition and development of routing/forwarding software for our next generation of network router product family
• Work closely with different teams to define, design, implement, test and deliver routing (L2, L3, MPLS, Segment Routing) and forwarding features.
• Work closely with OTT/Web and Service Provider customers to assist them in building and deploying leading-edge networking solutions.
• Champion new/improved design and testing methodologies
• Participate in Cisco Patent Program and standardization activities (IETF, IEEE, etc)
• Typically requires BASc, MASc or a Ph.D in EE/CS.
• Experience in developing embedded systems based on real-time OS
• Experience developing scalable and highly reliable applications on Linux using C or C++.
• Experience with concurrent programming and multi-threading.
• A grasp of networking technologies, TCP/IP, UDP, OS infra-structures, Linux
• Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Strong written and verbal communication, experience in presenting ideas/concepts
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize them and manage time effectively
• Self motivated, highly ambitious, has a desire to challenge the status-quo
• Experience with C, Python.
• Solid design skills and experience with optimized usage of data structures and algorithms for efficient and high quality programming.
• Experience in developing MPLS, BGP, IGP, Multi-CAST, Segment Routing or L2VPN/EVPN features
• Experience in network virtualization or SDN development
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@CiscoCareers is #hiring #Software engineer #networking #switching #data center #protocols #ott-xros
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.